bag questions on a 95 S10

ok, so a buddy and I want to tackle a air ride setup on a 95 s10. I have a few questions. I am very good at making things work. I do not weld tho, I would bring a friend or uncle in to handle this. are there any how too vids from start to finish on how to install a setup? we are not looking to lay frame at first lol. are aftermarket upper and lower CA's needed? whats involved in modifying the stock Upper and lower CA's?? I know I will have more questions come up and I will make sure to ask in this post. Gonna order a subscription to mini truckin and hit up that 1 s10 forum.

Dave Reid

SoundWerx

DC Sound Labs dealer

Kicker, SoundStream, Kenwood, JVC and more

www.soundwerx.net

if yer not experienced with baggin or a good fabricator it wouldnt tackel what yer talking, unless u have help that can do it. u want to lay frame with 20s u will need to do heavy modification tubing the front out and moving the pcm and fuse block. yer definitely gonna want drop spindles and bigger uppers and lowers to give u that articulation u need to butterfly the front wheels.

Do a ton of research first.

You don't need to buy new control arms. You can use your stock ones. If you want more clearance using the stock arms, do a search on s10forum about "de-humping the lower control arms" and that will get you layed out when you want to on 20s.

You DO want 2" drop spindles.

I suggest Slam 6" bags in the front as they require minimum cutting and trimming of the spring pocket. Slam 7" require alittle more. But you have to do it right so it doesn't cut the bags and not too much that it weakens the frame at that point.

And in all reality, bagging the front is ALOT easier than the rear.

You can take the inner fender wells out and lay on 18's with a 40 series tire and damn near lay on 20's with a 35 series (This is dependent on a few factors and parts used, not typical for the 20)

In the rear, you should raise the gas tank. Then you have to know how to properly set up the pinion angles and then get the 4 link parralel and everything ccentered.

Easy way is to get a 3 link from suicide doors that does all that for you and bolts in.

Then all you have to do is cut the bed, do wiring and plumbing and your on your way.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Archived