Engine Noise Made Worse By Grounding Head Unit

So I have had some faint engine noise in my system ever since I put my EQ in and its just enough to where I tried fixing it yesterday.

Pull off my entire dash and find some threads on the side of my head unit so I get a bolt to fit in with some washers and run some 16 gauge from the head unit to a bolt right by my a-pillar where other accesories in my car are grounded and bolt it down.

Put everything back together and start up my car and the engine noise is way worse now.

I also noticed that when I turn on my heater/ac the engine noise gets worse as I crank it from 1 to 5.

Isn't the point of grounding the head unit to ground the outer shell of the RCA which is the most common source of noise?

What should I do?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

I'll try that but wouldn't it not make a difference?

A ground is ground right?

Its the first time I've done something like this

Also make sure none of your wires are running over or around your pcm(computer) or ac/heat module and the noise might be coming from interference caused by your ac/heat module or pcm.

Edited by Kprice89

That could get interested with her potential positions, this being one of the better.. As soon as we started getting into it though, I'd have to toss her a serious taint/balls teabag from hell though with her head right there.-Marlo Stanfield

2 RE Audio SX 18's

Audiobahn 2200 Amplifier (soon to be upgraded)

14.34cuft@33hz enclosure

JVC kdr600 headunit(soon to be upgraded)

Big Three Performed

(upgrading alternator and adding more battery power soon)

X2... Didn't think about that.

At our tech school here in linn we always have people come in with similar complaints becuase they ran wires right next to the computer. lol.

That could get interested with her potential positions, this being one of the better.. As soon as we started getting into it though, I'd have to toss her a serious taint/balls teabag from hell though with her head right there.-Marlo Stanfield

2 RE Audio SX 18's

14.34cuft@33hz enclosure

Big Three Performed

right now its all off stock wire but I never used to have noise before the EQ.

Maybe it is messed up?? I'm kinda puzzled now/ :01nocomment8so:

2 RE Audio SX 18's

14.34cuft@33hz enclosure

Big Three Performed