Engine Noise Made Worse By Grounding Head Unit

Maybe a stupid suggestion but what about putting diodes on the positive remote and negatives to the headunit and EQ? Let power only flow one direction to the sources and away from them too. They may already have diodes on the grounds but the engine or heater motor may be giving it just enough of a ripple to cause a problem? Might be on that end of the sources? Just trying to throw out a possibility.

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

Maybe a stupid suggestion but what about putting diodes on the positive remote and negatives to the headunit and EQ? Let power only flow one direction to the sources and away from them too. They may already have diodes on the grounds but the engine or heater motor may be giving it just enough of a ripple to cause a problem? Might be on that end of the sources? Just trying to throw out a possibility.

could you have cracked the code on the RFBLD :lol:

I knew it made some amount of SQ difference but right now I don't have enough for some RF RCA's to match my sub RCA lol so I just threw in some RCA's so I can actually hear what my mids and highs sound like on some real power.

maybe the RF RCA's will come with the RFBLD and it will be all butter :D

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

secret of the rfbld is being unbalanced, aka a 180 degree phase shifted signal is sent along the jacket instead of a ground, and any noise picked up between the rfbld and the amp (As in noise introduced via RCA's) is summed out thanks to some simple physics.

but that still leaves the issue of source noise...feeding a dirty signal in will just give you an amplified and unbalanced dirty signal out, lol

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Yeah I guess I never mentioned what it was...

the Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

RayTard made an awesome review about it in the reviews section.

it cancels any noise you have in your system by sending an unbalanced signal through your RCA's

Edited by thehoe92

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Well the way I was thinking was since there is some sort of AC signal going into your system since the introduction of your EQ, then maybe put diodes on its power wires to eliminate that AC feed from whatever it is and the better ground would be a good Idea too since your under there. When I posted my last couple of ones I was working on too little sleep so sorry if my posts were a little incoherent or hard to follow.

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

i used to have a lot of engine noise when i had a old pioneer radio and it was because the radio got shorted out at one time but it still played fine just a bunsh of engine noise ..

2 18's Fi SSD All Options Dual 2 ohm

Rockford Fosgate T20001 Bd

1/0 gauge Knukonceptz power wire

Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation AVIC F700

13.62 cu ft box ..28 hz

250 amp alternator

2 kinetik 2000 batteries

Xs Vcm Module

• 2 weeks later...
the RCA quality can make a difference. twisted and shielded ones are generally best

HERE IS YOUR PROBLEM WHAT AMPS DO YOU HAVE AND WHAT HEAD UNIT DO YOU HAVE

I NEED TO KNOW BECAUSE THIS WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE

ALSO THE REASON I REALLY DONT LIKE THE DASH MOUNT EQ IS BECAUSE YOUR JUST ADDING MORE RCA'S WITCH ADD MORE ENG NOISE

SO TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE AND ALL TELL YOU HOW TO FIX IT

Eclipse AVN 6620 Blue tooth ,Ipod adapter,Eclipse 21000,Focal 165krx2(Just got),Focal 165v2,Q Logic Kick Panels, JL Audio 300/4,JL Audio 300/2,JL Audio 500/1,2 12w6 AE ,JL Audio 2 12inch H.O box,Kinetic HC800,2 Runs 0 gauge and a lot of dynamate And a lot more to come...........