Just got mine done, $20 in plugs and $10 in relay (Long story, its not easy to find a true five pin relay in my town...) Having all four headlights on is sweet. Getting it hooked up and not cutting a single wire on my truck was about the only thing to not totally suck today...

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

Just got mine done, $20 in plugs and $10 in relay (Long story, its not easy to find a true five pin relay in my town...) Having all four headlights on is sweet. Getting it hooked up and not cutting a single wire on my truck was about the only thing to not totally suck today...

You had to have a 5 pin?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

You had to have a 5 pin?

That was the way I wanted it setup, no diodes, pin 30 is usually the one you apply the B+ to. Well I put my accessory on pin 30 and B+ to 87, and on 87a I put the original wire from my low beam switch. Just felt better with the low beam not getting powered back to the switch/computer. I could have done it with a 4 pin but wanted to do it with the 5 pin. If you want it drawn out I can.

Edited by CodyB

CABCopyright.png

Heres a few pics I got today from those installs I did.

This is from a 94 silverado,

1106091438.jpg

This one is from the 83, which is not mounted in place at the moment as the guy is re building his front end after a collision.

1106091636.jpg

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

That was the way I wanted it setup, no diodes, pin 30 is usually the one you apply the B+ to. Well I put my accessory on pin 30 and B+ to 87, and on 87a I put the original wire from my low beam switch. Just felt better with the low beam not getting powered back to the switch/computer. I could have done it with a 4 pin but wanted to do it with the 5 pin. If you want it drawn out I can.

No I see what you mean, you just completely eliminated the low feed from going to the switch as the high beams are on. There's nothing wrong with that, however if your low beams are controlled through a relay from the stock, then it wouldn't feed there anyway. If it was a non relay system powering your headlights, then yes you would have feed going to the switch. I highly doubt it would matter, and or hurt the system, however either way works.

So anyway, lets hear when you get it working.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

No I see what you mean, you just completely eliminated the low feed from going to the switch as the high beams are on. There's nothing wrong with that, however if your low beams are controlled through a relay from the stock, then it wouldn't feed there anyway. If it was a non relay system powering your headlights, then yes you would have feed going to the switch. I highly doubt it would matter, and or hurt the system, however either way works.

So anyway, lets hear when you get it working.

I could not find any headlight relays in the engine bay, that doesn't mean there is not any under the dash, just figured I'd eliminate the worry of something going poof since my low beams are my drl's too. The only difference between drl and full on is my amber lights. With that in mind I felt better disconnecting any feed back to the switch. I just assumed that the full feed went to my dimmer switch in the column or close to there so *IF* it went poof, it would be in my lap... Less to go poof makes me feel easier.

Sorry if I thread-jacked.

Edited by CodyB

CABCopyright.png