Sonic Electronix

True, but four MA10K's could put out your whole distro too. Could be fun.

But in all seriousness, I would not wish to be the man behind the racks when pushing them up a ramp. Good move on not picking them up.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

True, but four MA10K's could put out your whole distro too. Could be fun.

But in all seriousness, I would not wish to be the man behind the racks when pushing them up a ramp. Good move on not picking them up.

Cheers,

Mick

haha definitely dont want to be pushing a rack of those up a ramp. thats one thing i love about the Clair/Carvers. 14 pounds a piece.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

i would hate to halfto build something like this but is it an efficent design?

http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=21superscooper

and ive dabled with some pro audio stuff myself

i really like how it can sound in a large venue

but i hate unloading some of it, i had to set up a system in a church n it was hard to do

2 peavey dual 15 setup like this for the front sides http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=248-839

n this for subs in middle on bottom, i think it was the model befor this one tho but had 2 18's in it http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=245-828

i forget what monitors we used but when all set up i think it would work better with 220 than 110 cause everytime the bass hit the lights dimmed

n we did an old setup in a lounge type deal, they were some real old peavey or maby some behringer's but it had 2 towers of cabnets, each side had 1 18, 1 15'' mid, and a 10'' with a horn for highs i think, it sounded pritty good imo but could have been better with better stuff but it wasnt for show quality tho, more for kids, n ran off a peavey 26ch mixing board with behringer xover i think n amps

i wanna make a small pa setup for my self but im lookin for hella cheap tho, maby some pyle pro or something of that sort with pyle amps or somethin cheap, not goin for great quality just somethin simple i can use for a workshop system that will get loud if i need it to

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

scoops like that are normally pretty efficient. but when put on their sides (in my experience with a scoop design) they either couple really nice in the middle and have nothing to the outside, or dont couple at all in the middle and have everything on the outside.

edit: hey mick alot of these amps were at Clair in Australia.

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

i would hate to halfto build something like this but is it an efficent design?

http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=21superscooper

and ive dabled with some pro audio stuff myself

i really like how it can sound in a large venue

but i hate unloading some of it, i had to set up a system in a church n it was hard to do

2 peavey dual 15 setup like this for the front sides http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=248-839

n this for subs in middle on bottom, i think it was the model befor this one tho but had 2 18's in it http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=245-828

i forget what monitors we used but when all set up i think it would work better with 220 than 110 cause everytime the bass hit the lights dimmed

n we did an old setup in a lounge type deal, they were some real old peavey or maby some behringer's but it had 2 towers of cabnets, each side had 1 18, 1 15'' mid, and a 10'' with a horn for highs i think, it sounded pritty good imo but could have been better with better stuff but it wasnt for show quality tho, more for kids, n ran off a peavey 26ch mixing board with behringer xover i think n amps

i wanna make a small pa setup for my self but im lookin for hella cheap tho, maby some pyle pro or something of that sort with pyle amps or somethin cheap, not goin for great quality just somethin simple i can use for a workshop system that will get loud if i need it to

look @ the c-sub or 184 sub similar on speaker plans.would be great for church with the proper power and x-over

hey mick, got a question for ya. you have any experience with Monster Power rack strips having problems? our Pro 3500 just started acting up tonight. plugged it into our Motion Labs rack distro and it was working fine for a while, and then all of a sudden it just started freaking out. clicking on and off on and off quickly. kill power to it, turn it back on and it works for a little while and does it again. weve had it for months, and its never given us a problem, and tonight it had maybe 7 amps of current being drawn through it.

got any ideas?

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

I don't like any of that Monster crap. Monster bullshit, that's all I can say. So many of their products are pure marketing hype, and though I do not know much about the Pro 3500, I would not be suprised if it was much the same way.

It sounds like the internal relay is switching in and out, a possible indicator of a major fault inside the unit. Could you check the voltage at the source at all? Too low or two high may cause the strip to fault like it did. Or maybe it's just the tech gremlins.

As you are dealing with mains, I'd put it aside until you can get it serviced. Sounds fairly dodgey dude. Maybe there are reviews or other people that have had the same or similar incidents?

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

really? we've had pretty good luck with the monster rack strips in everything. have a bunch of pro 900's that work flawlessly (and we got them cheap :) ) the voltage at the distro was 125 and the voltage at the Motion Labs rack distro was 125, 300 ft. worth of 5 conductor 8 gauge wire away from it, and the display on the unit showed 125. we threw in a Pro 900 to get us through the upcoming show on wednesday and are going to have the 3500 checked out. its worked great until last night, so i dont know whats wrong with it, but youre right about the relay thing, it sounded like a relay clicking on and off inside it.

i dont think 125 would be too high of voltage for it, do you?

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

All electric should be able to deviate +/-10% rail voltage, so 125 is well within the American 120...(America is 120, right?).

I'm glad you have had good luck with the units. I just have some preconceptions to the product over previous products failing, their marketing strategy and the company motive.

Possibly a short at an output? Might cause the internal relay to engage, find a fault and disengage. Definately needs a leccy-doctor to probe it's bumhole.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

All electric should be able to deviate +/-10% rail voltage, so 125 is well within the American 120...(America is 120, right?).

I'm glad you have had good luck with the units. I just have some preconceptions to the product over previous products failing, their marketing strategy and the company motive.

Possibly a short at an output? Might cause the internal relay to engage, find a fault and disengage. Definately needs a leccy-doctor to probe it's bumhole.

Cheers,

Mick

bahahaha

yeah America is 120. everything else is happy on 125 so im sure something just decided to go haywire in it. its the only one we got used too.

i dont pay much attention to the Monster marketing and whatnot, i've always just had good luck with their products for the most part. i'm not a fan of their high prices and the over hyped cables that everyone seems to be so nuts about. especially their home audio/video cables, $100 for a 6 foot long stereo RCA cable? i think not.

it could possibly be an output short, whatever it is, it isnt constant. we can plug it up, turn it on, and it'll be fine for a little while, then all of a sudden start freaking out and clicking on and off quickly until we turn it off. its funny it never showed up until now, and not until we hooked up the Motion Labs distro. we thought it was that at first, but if it was the PSU's for the console wouldnt be happy either, and theyre fine showing steady voltage. so it's gotta be the rack strip

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

Archived