Sonic Electronix

first gig with the Apogee's went good, load in/out sucked, but everything else went great. the small PM3500 worked great, sounded great, and wasnt too bad to handle.

the 3x3's sounded great, and provided plenty of coverage, and they were SO clear. the Showco double 18's worked great, couple very nicely in the center.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Sorry Quick, I must have missed the latest news.

I'm glad you like the new system. Maybe a few pics all flown up? Apart from having to do the rigging, I quite like flown loudspeakers. I don't know why, but seeing loudspeakers flowing and rigged up high puts my genetalia at the same height.

I would like you to do something for me though. Next gig, of course variables allowing, can you try an endless delta array with those Showco's? I know I've used a few woofers that didn't like to do it, funky phase response ruining the effect.

If you ever get the chance to do so, please tell me how it went. I would appreciate the data.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

i cant wait to get into flying them, we just ground stacked. i didnt take any pictures sadly. but in march we're doing a weekend long festival using all 14 boxes and flying them. cant wait for it.

and yeah, if we can we'll try an endless delta array. only one question though, what exactly is that lol :P i probably know what it is, just never heard it called that.

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

It forms a cardioid center array of woofers. Place one double 18 facing the stage vertically, followed by two subs horizontally stacked facing the house, another sub vertically facing the stage, another two subs horizontally stacked facing the house and a last vertical sub facing the stage. Invert the polarity on the vertical subs and delay the vertical cones to fire the out of phase signal when the in phase signal hits them, usually 2.1ms or so.

Baa-baah!

Low stage bass spill with high directivity, very small lobing and only a loss of 3-5dB at FOH verses other bass arraying. And no power alley. When the rear wash from the front subs reaches the rear cones, the rear subs fire off a signal 180 degrees out of phase with the incident wave, and causes destructive interferance.

Rog from Void Acoustics came up with it, I know he has a white paper floating around somewhere....

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

sounds like a cool idea, will have to give it a try.

sounds kinda like the idea behind that one big meyer sub.

http://www.meyersound.com/products/concertseries/psw-6/

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

Bahh I am so tired of shop work.

At least ALL the amp racks are finally done. Still got some cables to make. But the bulk is done. Now we need some work to make some money to buy some cable to make new speaker cables. All the EP 8's they gave us aren't very long, and when we get into flying them we're not gonna have enough length on the speaker cables.

Really can't wait for March, 3 day festival, gonna be "fun". Get to fly all the 3x3's and use all the subs, all 48 amps, and the AE-5's for center fills. And it's going to have a 60x40 stage! Finally some space to work with!

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

Ah, festivals. They rock, even the small ones. Get to fire all that sound somewhere and no concrete to bounce it back at you. Sounds like fun, bring on march.

Did you give Rog's 'A Practical Guide To Bass Arrays' a read? You can find it on the Void Acoustics ( www.voidacoustics.com ) site. Great article, visual representations of common bass arraying techniques. I keep a hard copy in the FOH rack drawer for people that are sure you should 'just throw all the woofers to the sides.'

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Yes, bring on March. With the money I make from that festival I'll most likely be able to afford to finish the audio build in my truck.

I haven't read that article yet, but I plan to give it a read and possibly print it out. It's been a busy last couple of weeks, balancing college finals and all the work to do out in the shop.

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

Archived