Second Skin Audio

looking for a better set of subs

Guest Dave

Uh huh and were these BLs run off of 15 watts each in a 1ft3 enclosure also??

no i'm sure he had them underpowered rockford 4000rms 1amp

proly needs two or three of those amps the box was pretty big i'm not sure of the specs but to have a lil more than twice the power than me i would figure it would be more impressive like i said it was some stupid kid had it but either way i want some better and still sound good are dd's and fi's strictly spl

They are rated @ 1000rms per woofer but generally are ran anywhere from 1200-1800 each... I just have an extremely hard time believing that your setup w/ much less cone area and almost 2.5x less power was as loud but if you say so.

Anyways... What are you looking to spend?? How much power are u planning on running?? What kind of space do u have available?? What sort of electrical setup do u have??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

They are rated @ 1000rms per woofer but generally are ran anywhere from 1200-1800 each... I just have an extremely hard time believing that your setup w/ much less cone area and almost 2.5x less power was as loud but if you say so.

Anyways... What are you looking to spend?? How much power are u planning on running?? What kind of space do u have available?? What sort of electrical setup do u have??

[/qu

next comp i go to ill get a pic of the read out.i'm not too fond of power hungry subs but if i need to go that way i will i only have right noe one 0 gauge kicker hyperflex wires which are actuallyreally good

and right now i have a cheap duralast battery and a 200 amp alternator built by ohio generators i planned on upgrading anyways no highe than 10000 on bass i have a 95 chevy k1500 ext cab. i found it hard top beleive too honestly i was shocked because if you do the math one 15 is equivalent to about 3 twelves i like dd prices they seem fairly reasonable for and competiton sub 9500's on up

next comp i go to ill get a pic of the read out.i'm not too fond of power hungry subs but if i need to go that way i will i only have right noe one 0 gauge kicker hyperflex wires which are actuallyreally good

and right now i have a cheap duralast battery and a 200 amp alternator built by ohio generators i planned on upgrading anyways no highe than 10000 on bass i have a 95 chevy k1500 ext cab. i found it hard top beleive too honestly i was shocked because if you do the math one 15 is equivalent to about 3 twelves i like dd prices they seem fairly reasonable for and competiton sub 9500's on up

10,000 dollars or watts?? With 10k watts you'll need a whole hell of alot more electrical than u already have. Obviously u don't know DD pricing because they aren't what most would call reasonable compared to similar power ratings of other woofers...

Also one 15 is not equivalent to almost 3 12s my friend, 1 15 = 176.625in^2 of cone area and 2 12s = 226.08in^2/ 3 12s = 339.12in^2. Unless u know some other sort of math to compare woofers on size wise alone.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

10,000 dollars or watts?? With 10k watts you'll need a whole hell of alot more electrical than u already have. Obviously u don't know DD pricing because they aren't what most would call reasonable compared to similar power ratings of other woofers...

Also one 15 is not equivalent to almost 3 12s my friend, 1 15 = 176.625in^2 of cone area and 2 12s = 226.08in^2/ 3 12s = 339.12in^2. Unless u know some other sort of math to compare woofers on size wise alone.

well i didn't add it up this is my old boss tellin me this shit ive never done the math on it at all thats just here say and i'm not too familiar with other prices of other companies i just compared dd to mtx and by far for what u get wit dd they are better priced than mtx and supposedly way louder mtx is what i have right now. 10,000 wats i dont have a price limit i just dont want to be payin for a damn name. i knoiw the electrical system needs to be done up im just enjoying the power that my truck cuz im sure more alternators means more taken power from the motor i used to have a kinetik hc1400 i woulkd like to get like four of those and 4 more alternators over time and yes i do know dd pricing on subs 9500 and up

well i didn't add it up this is my old boss tellin me this shit ive never done the math on it at all thats just here say and i'm not too familiar with other prices of other companies i just compared dd to mtx and by far for what u get wit dd they are better priced than mtx and supposedly way louder mtx is what i have right now. 10,000 wats i dont have a price limit i just dont want to be payin for a damn name. i knoiw the electrical system needs to be done up im just enjoying the power that my truck cuz im sure more alternators means more taken power from the motor i used to have a kinetik hc1400 i woulkd like to get like four of those and 4 more alternators over time and yes i do know dd pricing on subs 9500 and up