Well..This is my plan once I get a new car. Heres the story

I am probably getting a Ford Escape that way I can fit subs and have some gas milage. But my plan is at the moment I have 2 Alpine Type R 12s 2 ohm. They are being ran on an Alpine MRP-M1000 amp so there getting around 500 rms a piece. I got all this for around 500 bucks. My only regret about my current system is that I have a bandpass box. So my first thing is to get a ported box for my 2 subs and then if that isn't loud enough which it probably wont be i am going to add another 12 maybe 2 if I have the money then either run all 3 subs of the mrp-m1000 or if i get 4 ill sell the 1000 and get the mrp-m2000 unless someone knows of a better amp that will do just as good if not better without blowing them.

So that is my plan

Does anyone have any suggestions for an amp and any questions or comments are extreamly appreciated I need all the help I can get. and I wont get the car till like this summer so this is just a heads up and planning thread. Also how much would I be looking at for all the electrical I will need. Ill have around 2000 rms so what will I need to upgrade and how much will it cost.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

first off sorry to burst your bubble but that mrp1000 is very over rated. so is the mrp2000. to start off your electrical you should do the big 3 upgrade if you don't know what it is just search it then you should get a battery and possibly an alternator down the road

97 Honda Civic Sedan

Rear disc brake conversion

2" drop

17's

lots of exterior mods

SYSTEM

SoundStream VIR-5850 Dvd player

RE 6x9's and 6.5's

Soundstream DTR4.500

Soundstream DTR1.2200

8" RE-x in a t-line

Kinetik 1800

Plans

4-SA-8's

Another Kinetik

High output alt

My Cardomain

first off sorry to burst your bubble but that mrp1000 is very over rated. so is the mrp2000. to start off your electrical you should do the big 3 upgrade if you don't know what it is just search it then you should get a battery and possibly an alternator down the road

Ok..but I got the mrp1000 really cheap..what would be a good amp for around 1000-1500 rms at 2 ohms and I know what the big 3 is..I havent put any money into the electrical in my current car except I had a guy rebuild my alternator and he rebuilt it with some hardcore parts so its a little better than stock lol..and I planned on getting a new battery but I'm gonna need a lot of money

2002 Chevy Blazer

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

first off build ur own ported box, way cheaper and u can tune it to ur likeing, not some best buy special. amps go us-amps, sundown, or rockford. personal opinion off number of subs sounds funny. the big 3 very imortant and it is ur cheaper option.

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

How so? It is CEA Compliant sl it will do at a minimum 1000rms at 14 volts, like I said in the other topic, Your best bet would be to just get another MRP1000.

For Electrical Big 3 is a Must, and a Good Battery Upfront as well as something like a Kinetik 1800 in the back and you will be good.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

How so? It is CEA Compliant sl it will do at a minimum 1000rms at 14 volts, like I said in the other topic, Your best bet would be to just get another MRP1000.

For Electrical Big 3 is a Must, and a Good Battery Upfront as well as something like a Kinetik 1800 in the back and you will be good.

Do you guys think getting the mrp m2000 and doing big 3 and getting a better battery will do me good because I dont want an extra battery in the back..will that at least hold me over till i can upgrade the alternator??

2002 Chevy Blazer

Here try this...

Do you guys think getting the mrp m2000 and doing big 3 and getting a better battery will do me good because I dont want an extra battery in the back..will that at least hold me over till i can upgrade the alternator??

The thing is, I am guessing the current subs are being ran at 2ohms on the amp, so if you where to get a second pair, you wiring choices would be either 1 ohm or 4 ohms, so If you went with the MRP2000 you would be running it at 4 ohms and be getting about the same rms as with 1 MRP1000.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

The thing is, I am guessing the current subs are being ran at 2ohms on the amp, so if you where to get a second pair, you wiring choices would be either 1 ohm or 4 ohms, so If you went with the MRP2000 you would be running it at 4 ohms and be getting about the same rms as with 1 MRP1000.

I actually have no idea how i have them wired..I put the jumper in the middle 2 holes and just put just wired it like a normal speaker pos to pos neg to neg..i didnt do anything special i just put both pos in the same pos slot in the amp same with the neg

2002 Chevy Blazer

Here try this...

go with the 2000. if they're dual 2 you can run them at 2 ohms. the MRP's are only 2 ohm stable, so you'll be set...as far as whoever said they're overrated you need to do a little research. they do rated wattage.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I actually have no idea how i have them wired..I put the jumper in the middle 2 holes and just put just wired it like a normal speaker pos to pos neg to neg..i didnt do anything special i just put both pos in the same pos slot in the amp same with the neg

What Ohms are your subs, I.E. Dual 2 ohms, Dual 4 ohms.

If they are Dual 2 ohms coils, that means when you get 4 you will need an amp that does the power your looking for at 1 or 4 ohms. If they are Dual 4 ohm coils you will want an amp that does its power at 2 ohms.

If they are Dual 2 ohm subs I would recommend an AQ2200D, they are $349 and will do the power you need all day.

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps2200D.htm

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Archived