where can i find a dual alt. bracket just the bracket

Guest Dave

well it should be the same if i do it the way u did

In a sense but your alts are smaller in diameter with larger pulleys so you may need about a .5" shorter belt but yeah it should be close to that. Also depends on the diameter of the idler you use

In a sense but your alts are smaller in diameter with larger pulleys so you may need about a .5" shorter belt but yeah it should be close to that. Also depends on the diameter of the idler you use

u have a point there but like i said earlier i swapped a small frame to a large frame alt w/o mods only longer bolts but well see when it gets done ill have pics by then. how would u measure it with a tape measure and wrap around the pulleys. where do u go to get idler pulleys and how much power did u lose when u put that second alt on?

Edited by Dave

u have a point there but like i said earlier i swapped a small frame to a large frame alt w/o mods only longer bolts but well see when it gets done ill have pics by then. how would u measure it with a tape measure and wrap around the pulleys. where do u go to get idler pulleys and how much power did u lose when u put that second alt on?

Easiest way to measure is use a piece of string that doesnt stretch. Make sure you run it through the same groove on all the accessories and mark it then measure. You can get idler pulleys from autozone advance napa w/e. I chose to use the bearings like Iraggi because of the limited space between the alts. Honestly i dont notice any power loss. 5.7L 350 can run 2 alts no problem without noticing a difference

Easiest way to measure is use a piece of string that doesnt stretch. Make sure you run it through the same groove on all the accessories and mark it then measure. You can get idler pulleys from autozone advance napa w/e. I chose to use the bearings like Iraggi because of the limited space between the alts. Honestly i dont notice any power loss. 5.7L 350 can run 2 alts no problem without noticing a difference

sweet i was a lil worried about that cuz i luv the power my chevy has i lucked out with it i got it with 76,000 niles on it about 6 months ago

Edited by Dave

sweet i was a lil worried about that cuz i luv the power my chevy has i lucked out with it i got it with 76,000 niles on it about 6 months ago

Yeah mine is at about 90k right now... Lets just say your 33" tires robbed you of way more power than the alts will lol.

Like people are posting about DC power.. Id give them a call and ask about a bracket before building one unless its just something you wanna do. I wanted to make one and since i have 2 alts with mismatched mounting ears i didnt think id find one from a company.

Yeah mine is at about 90k right now... Lets just say your 33" tires robbed you of way more power than the alts will lol.

Like people are posting about DC power.. Id give them a call and ask about a bracket before building one unless its just something you wanna do. I wanted to make one and since i have 2 alts with mismatched mounting ears i didnt think id find one from a company.

idk about those robbing power honestly this truck run killer i can turn those 33 like they are damn near stock ill light em up all day so i cant imagine if they were stock i wouldnt go no wherei also have pulling gears in mine so i have an assload of low end torque

idk about those robbing power honestly this truck run killer i can turn those 33 like they are damn near stock ill light em up all day so i cant imagine if they were stock i wouldnt go no wherei also have pulling gears in mine so i have an assload of low end torque

Word.. I see DC power Kyle in here so maybe he can answer some questions better than I did