Sonic Electronix

2 btl 18" in a blow through in a '99 silverado

this is how i look at putting lots of power on hungry subs. i'll spend maybe 2000 on amps, i need to plan on maybe that if not more on electrical upgrades after you do a HO alt. batteries, wire. like i'm running 10kw. i got 6 batts and a large alt to power them. i'm at about 2500 to 3000 of electrical upgrades. for serious power. it takes series backup. just my two cents.

Bills

this is also dead on. I have 8 optima group 34s and 2 iraggi 300s. roughly 3 grand right there. not counting wire and buss bars and if you are talking man hours forget it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

fixin to say i have only 1500 watts in bass and 500watts in mids and highs with a 200 amp alt and some kinetik batts and my truck still has a problem pushing this i cant play it unless im movin down the road or rev and hold the motor at 2000rpms still it kills it then. imagine what those powerhungry ass subs are goin to do even just one.if u have the money go for it. i would try one to start with and see how u like it. you could get two 10's with the same power maybe a lil more and still be louder than him if setup right

what do you mean I have to spend that much on electrical and batteries? Why cant I just run 8000 watts off the stock battery and alt with four gauge? What do you mean this is going to cost me alot of money to do it right? Forget it im buying two type r 12s and a brutus 1206 thats plenty loud.

u can prolly run 8000 watts through four gauge if its only like 3 inches long but i dont see that workin out to well

definately possible...really up to you, but its definately possible...but if your having to ask questions about these woofers maybe go a little lower to start out with...serious power or dont think about it!

i agree with ya btls are a lil extreme to start with for ur first system but what u see below is my first system as well and it isnt too small either. but one of those 18's if setup right would out perform my four twelves

take into consideration the lower and slower the speaker can go more than likely the quicker ur truck will rattle apart. i have that prob with just twelves. i ve seen what 1 18 can do that wasnt even near as loud as mine(wasnt a high power 18 either) and the flexing is much more jurastic

what kind of silverado ext cab crew cab what? i definitely would like to see this if ur goin with those 18's thatll be sick in that lil area only thing that suck ull prolly have to have the doors open to get real loud like mine

yeah its always louder with windows,doors open but maybe you can designs a blow thru far back so the wave can fully develop windows up...and yeah thats cool you get two 18's for your first build remember to take pics if you do that.

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

i see people do blow throughs with MTx jackhammers man so it should be fairly easy for ya

hmmm....i dont know man but doing bed cuts are difficult cutting metal and getting the right freq tuning because front chamber and back,something like a bandpass i dont anything though..hey op you should check out jack's sleeper build or ask him about this.

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

yeah its always louder with windows,doors open but maybe you can designs a blow thru far back so the wave can fully develop windows up...and yeah thats cool you get two 18's for your first build remember to take pics if you do that.

yea just my four 12's sound like dookie when everything is closed especially with the low bass. thats not a bad idea arnold. you gonna have to seal the shit out that bed though thats going to be fun

Archived