Second Skin Audio

Truck Enclosure Quesiton

ok guys to hears what i got...i have a 2008 Toyota Tundra double cab..i have decided that i'm going to run a TREO SSp woofer in it...the guy that is gonna build my box said that a sealed downfiring box would sound the best. however i'm afraid that i won't be loud enough for my taste...my question is: can you port a downfire enclosure without it sounding like crap? (he told me that a ported downfire would not sound good). the only reason i'm wondering about the ported is because every system i've heard that was loud and sounded good was ported so just let me know what you guys think

in my chevy colorado I had 2 fifteen's down firing ported on the side's of the box it was very loud on the ear o meter had it metered with my lanzar vibe amp 1800 watt put out a 141.7 then upgraded to a planet audio vx2200d but never had it metered but you could see the sterring wheel flex and the wipers danced on the windshield subs were the planet audio big bang's

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Had a downfire box for l7 12's in my old ranger that sounded just fine and got pretty loud.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Sealed can sound good but usually lacks the output of a good ported box. I will never use sealed in my personal vehicle again. I love ported and have never heard anything about ported downfire boxes not sounding good.

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

Mine was two separate chambers with a port coming out of the left and right side.