How much of a difference do headunits make?

I seen drocks HU in person, its pretty tight. I would say go for it

Just realized you have like the same setup as me lol how do you like it? whereabouts do you live? wouldnt mind hearin it =)

Edited by 99Bonney

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

I seen drocks HU in person, its pretty tight. I would say go for it

Just realized you have like the same setup as me lol how do you like it? whereabouts do you live? wouldnt mind hearin it =)

I would have bought it but he was a dick about it and the deal fell through sadly. Too bad really.

Now trying to get a double din and going save up more.

I really like my setup. Not as loud as I thought, but I am just about dying to get it metered and oscoped.

Amp lit on fire tho so its not even bumping anymore lol.

If youve seen his headunit in person you could live near me

Im in the Grosse Pointe area and once it gets back up and runnin I'd for sure give a demo

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

O really? he was real cool when I met him. I drove like 1 1/2 hours to jackson to meet up with him.

He had the HW on the aq 3500 and he was sayin how he wished he woulda bought the BTL over that lol

Too bad on the amp, I havent ran mine yet cuz I need a recone for the btl, checked to see if it would power on and thats all.

Going to send it in when Steve gets the new amps just to make sure its good.

Hit me up whenever tho mayne, im always down for a demo.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

ALMOST any aftermarket deck is better then a stock deck...and yes pre outs are 1000x better than any line converter.but you still shouldn't cheap out on a head unit. also look for functionality that suits your needs, like usb input ect..

Edited by Alexdb7

29yr3gg.jpg

Custom Car Audio

(815) 916 - 9194

www.midwestsplcustoms.com

2000 Tahoe | 22" GREED Celebrities

Alpine CDA-117

Dual 0/1 Runs

(3) 925 CA Group 31 In Back

(4) 18" FI Audio Q's (W/ Extra Spider)

(4) Hifonics BXi 2010D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

4 RF P1653 6 1/2's

Big 3

All Kicker/Knu Wiring

O really? he was real cool when I met him. I drove like 1 1/2 hours to jackson to meet up with him.

He had the HW on the aq 3500 and he was sayin how he wished he woulda bought the BTL over that lol

Too bad on the amp, I havent ran mine yet cuz I need a recone for the btl, checked to see if it would power on and thats all.

Going to send it in when Steve gets the new amps just to make sure its good.

Hit me up whenever tho mayne, im always down for a demo.

definately definately. It would be interesting to see how our systems compare in completly different cars lol

and yeah I've had the line converter in since my first system. This kid installed it and when I got some knowledge realized how bad of a job the kid actually did.

I look at him as a complete dumbass now.

I think the line converters gains are completly up considering there wern't directions on how to set it I haven't bothered changin it.

Would I be okay with 4v front and rear/sub switchable if I will be getting a mid/high amp?

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693