Sonic Electronix

simple but maybe complex question.

for component sets-- if you have a X-over that came wit the set and you have an electronic X-over installed with gains and so on which leads to another X-over on the amp with gains and so on which is the best X-over to adjust?? or ALL 3?? not to mention the HU gains... oh brother why soo many adjustments???

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

the crossover that came with your component set consists of a high pass point for your tweets and a low pass point for your mids in a 2 way set.

when an active electronic crossover is used, you dont need your crossovers that came with your component set. you can set your own points with the electronic crossover.

the high pass on the amp will determine how low your mids will play. adding another high pass from your deck will only result a change in slope.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

the crossover that came with your component set consists of a high pass point for your tweets and a low pass point for your mids in a 2 way set.

when an active electronic crossover is used, you dont need your crossovers that came with your component set. you can set your own points with the electronic crossover.

the high pass on the amp will determine how low your mids will play. adding another high pass from your deck will only result a change in slope.

420px-Thumbs_up.jpg

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

thanks that makes sense now. unfortunately i have my x-overs for the components already installed real good so can i leave them hooked up or do ihave to remove them?

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

Archived