Second Skin Audio

Opinions on new sub..

My current setup is an IA DP 12 running off about 1300 watts. It's in an all fiberglass box behind the seats in my Dodge, which is about 2.6 cubes with a 6" aero port tuned to around 36 hz.. I'm looking to get rid of the DP and try something differnet for a while. The DP has served it's purpose (pulled a 140 flat from it), but i would like something a little louder. My bday is quickly coming up so i'll have about 400 to spend. What would be a good sub to integrate into my setup now?

I was looking at either the Omega 12, or possibly an HDC3 12. I haven't called on pricing of somethin like a DC LV4XL, or a DD 9512, or anything along those lines. I just wants people opinions that have heard a variety of subs, and give me something good to pick from. I'm open to any suggestions..

I had a Fi Bl in the same box for a while running off only 750 and was very impressed with it, so i might be considering a BTL this time around.. Any and all suggestions are welcome though..

My current setup is an IA DP 12 running off about 1300 watts. It's in an all fiberglass box behind the seats in my Dodge, which is about 2.6 cubes with a 6" aero port tuned to around 36 hz.. I'm looking to get rid of the DP and try something differnet for a while. The DP has served it's purpose (pulled a 140 flat from it), but i would like something a little louder. My bday is quickly coming up so i'll have about 400 to spend. What would be a good sub to integrate into my setup now?

I was looking at either the Omega 12, or possibly an HDC3 12. I haven't called on pricing of somethin like a DC LV4XL, or a DD 9512, or anything along those lines. I just wants people opinions that have heard a variety of subs, and give me something good to pick from. I'm open to any suggestions..

I had a Fi Bl in the same box for a while running off only 750 and was very impressed with it, so i might be considering a BTL this time around.. Any and all suggestions are welcome though..

just one question why are you stuck on 12's and your dp will get alot louder than that Dp's will take around 2500 watts of clean power. im not saying dont get the HDC3 but the Dp will take more power than the copper coil HDC3. and the DD9512's are pretty pricy. dc xl's wouldent be a bad option tho

Edited by Steph3n1

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

you need more power to that DP

eric beat me to it haha ^^ Dp's can take a shitton more than what your giving it

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

As of now the amp i have is fine. I'm more worried about upgrading to a DC power alternator soon (probably around christmas time) before i even think about getting a bigger amp. I know the DP will take more power, but i'm ready to try something different.

The reason i'm stuck on a 12 is because of the custom fiberglass box i made a few months ago that still serves it's purpose, therefore there's no reason to spend a lot more money and time for something different. If anything i would build a simple center console box and put a 15 in my truck, but as of now i'm not really looking forward to getting rid of that center seat. I was think about maybe 2 10's behind the seats if anything, because there isn't enough room to do a nice ported box, and still be able to fold up the center console, unless somebody has box plans for a 99 Dodge regular cab.

And on a side note, how much is a LV4 XL 12?

I really liked my Bl, so how about a BTL? I was also looking at the Mach 5 SPL sub maybe.. I would rather not buy used.. I've heard an Omega 18 and was VERY impressed at how loud it got, so the Omega is pretty high on my list. Anyone else have insight on what they think i should try, to get louder with?

Honestly a 9512 will piss on all those other subs. Although it would be totally snoozing on 1300w.

well your going to have to do some port rebuilding depending on the sub that you put in there not all 12's need the exat same box volume and port area etc. and boon is right a 9512 would kill all of the others that were mentioned but there alot of $$$. what kind of am are you running exactaly

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

I'm running a Powerbass ASA 1500.1 at 1 ohm. I'm probaly seeing 1300 (never had it clamped) but it's a stout little bastard. I'm NOT going to upgrade amps, because first on my list is sub, then alternator, then other crap, and last is amp. I'm perfectly fine with it. And i would like a good list of subs that will fit my amp, not what kind of amp i should get to fit something out of my price range..