DC Sound Lab

Ok quick lesson here we go with that same amp I can blow a level5 or without clipping in the right box with thesubsonic set right I can bump 20000 watts 2 it it all depends on the install if you are just using it daily I would keep that amp but toss that boxand build yourself a more efficient box which would be like doubling or trippling the power try around 2.5 or3 cubic ft with about 48 square inches of port tuned to 32 hertz set the gains properly and make sure you set your subsonic to 32 hertz and you will not need any more power than you have now.

so that size nots efficient enough its speced 2.5 seems huge????.and i use round ports

JAMES SAID..

you dont need 1500 for a WOOFER people just love overpowering rather then building for the power recommended

THATS A SMART GUY...

[/quote i dont have rom for that porting i guess ill seal it up thanks alot.

If you do not have room 4 a bigger box or dual 4 inch aeros then go with more power I was just trying to suggest the cheapest way out 4 you .I have installed a couple of those amps and they are goodamps it will put out a 1000 watts with less than idea electrical upgrades so it ain't no slouch.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Ok quick lesson here we go with that same amp I can blow a level5 or without clipping in the right box with thesubsonic set right I can bump 20000 watts 2 it it all depends on the install if you are just using it daily I would keep that amp but toss that boxand build yourself a more efficient box which would be like doubling or trippling the power try around 2.5 or3 cubic ft with about 48 square inches of port tuned to 32 hertz set the gains properly and make sure you set your subsonic to 32 hertz and you will not need any more power than you have now.

God damn that is one serious run on sentence lol. But I do agree with everything you said here and I can't stress this enough to people. By adjusting box specs and keeping the same power you can change the efficiency in which ever manner suits whatever setup you're going for.

Like in my current setup(in sig), on the power I'm running the specs are perfect size wise for the power I'm running. Could the subs handle more power, yea they prli could if I were to drop the box size some to decrease efficiency. Could they pull the same numbers off less power, once again yea I prolli could. I'd have to experiment with larger enclosures/more port area/tuning/etc but I'm very confident that I'd get it right pretty quickly to pull the same or better numbers.

Btw is this TJ??

Edited by Marlo Stanfield

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

[/quote i dont have rom for that porting i guess ill seal it up thanks alot.

If you do not have room 4 a bigger box or dual 4 inch aeros then go with more power I was just trying to suggest the cheapest way out 4 you .I have installed a couple of those amps and they are goodamps it will put out a 1000 watts with less than idea electrical upgrades so it ain't no slouch.

i wasnt bein a smart ass i have a custom box in a custom place the volume i have is the i got did the number and 2 4inch aeros are like 24 inches long i dont have that and a 6 inch would be longer.i did my port calculator on 1.75 internal tuned to 32 its sounds pretty good sealed.so i may go that route but i do appreciate ur input

JAMES SAID..

you dont need 1500 for a WOOFER people just love overpowering rather then building for the power recommended

THATS A SMART GUY...

i wasnt bein a smart ass i have a custom box in a custom place the volume i have is the i got did the number and 2 4inch aeros are like 24 inches long i dont have that and a 6 inch would be longer.i did my port calculator on 1.75 internal tuned to 32 its sounds pretty good sealed.so i may go that route but i do appreciate ur input

or maybe go w a lvl 3 12 insteads so rms is closer i can scope my gains to get it right..

JAMES SAID..

THATS A SMART GUY...