DC Sound Lab

I personally like the box volume you are currently using. 1.7 cubes i have had very good results with single 12s in daily boxes.

Time for a story..... lol Back 5 years ago i ran a single DD 9512 box was 1.7 cubes with a single 6" aero. Clamped power on the sub was 1700 watts, and it would burp 148.8, sounded good too.

So if you are looking for power look at something around 1500 watts.

I personally like the box volume you are currently using. 1.7 cubes i have had very good results with single 12s in daily boxes.

Time for a story..... lol Back 5 years ago i ran a single DD 9512 box was 1.7 cubes with a single 6" aero. Clamped power on the sub was 1700 watts, and it would burp 148.8, sounded good too.

So if you are looking for power look at something around 1500 watts.

wete can i get a 6 inch aero and how long would it b 1.75 at 32..?

JAMES SAID..

you dont need 1500 for a WOOFER people just love overpowering rather then building for the power recommended

THATS A SMART GUY...

I dont know who sells real aeros now, but partexpress sells precision ports. they make a 6" same deal.

Here is a pic of the box i used, just pulled a sub and blocked the hole for street A. Tuning on this was i think 42 hz. Now this is where i will disagree with most everyone out there on where to tune a box, i dont like low tune. I have my reasons but i wont go into much detail on why to avoid arguments lol. But personal experiences show me much flatter response in car with boxes 40-45hz for daily. I dont look at box programs to tell me how a sub will react in a car, i look to the termlab and i graph every frequency -15 to +15 hz from my tuning. that will show me you response curve and its true. On top of that i dont like how low boxes sound on normal music.

anyways here is the pic

MX3box150.jpg