Sweet ass system bro. I voted for you. :8)

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

I know who Im copying when I get my T blazer lol j/k man. Looks good. How much did you pay to deaden the roof?

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

I know who Im copying when I get my T blazer lol j/k man. Looks good. How much did you pay to deaden the roof?

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/vibration-mat/damplifier.php

100 bucks plus shipping.

Im interested in how the roof handles the lows now. Is it even worth me buyin that or should i buy the sludge first then a layer of that on top of it.

Any numbers since it was done?

Ill get a vid up tomorrow of my truck. I peak around 34 hz so it should be fun doing a cup trick lol

Doug

sold everything

Go for it, you won't be disappointed with second skin! I got the black foil damplifier when Ant had the 15% off introductory promotion, so right around $100 or so

Im interested in how the roof handles the lows now. Is it even worth me buyin that or should i buy the sludge first then a layer of that on top of it.

Any numbers since it was done?

Ill get a vid up tomorrow of my truck. I peak around 34 hz so it should be fun doing a cup trick lol

Doug

I'll show you how it handles the lows, it will be up later tonight.

I've never used the sledge, so I don't have an answer for you about that. But, your Envoy has the same flimsy sheetmetal on the roof as the Trailblazer, so any kind of dampening would be worth it ...esp if one of your roof braces pops and you get a constant squeaking noise.

And I'll have new numbers this Sat :8)

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

I have to try that cup trick in the Mazda this weekend. Not sure I have enough system to do that though.

Your roof is probably just like the roof of my Silverado. If a good crosswind hit my truck while Im driving over the Bay Bridge it would actually ripple and pop the roof panel. Sounded like a big alum can popping. I have 2 cans of goodstuff in the roof bracing and 2 layers of FatMat on the roof now. It will be a while until I get to see if it made a difference. Still need alternators and batteries. Just sent my amps back for warranty exchange so I may not have those back for a month.

I have to try that cup trick in the Mazda this weekend. Not sure I have enough system to do that though.

Your roof is probably just like the roof of my Silverado. If a good crosswind hit my truck while Im driving over the Bay Bridge it would actually ripple and pop the roof panel. Sounded like a big alum can popping. I have 2 cans of goodstuff in the roof bracing and 2 layers of FatMat on the roof now. It will be a while until I get to see if it made a difference. Still need alternators and batteries. Just sent my amps back for warranty exchange so I may not have those back for a month.

If my roof popped while driving over the bay bridge I'd probably faint :o:rofl:

I'll have the cam on Sat if you're gonna give it a try :8)

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

If my roof popped while driving over the bay bridge I'd probably faint :o:rofl:

I'll have the cam on Sat if you're gonna give it a try :8)

I'll give it a try. I have a few good songs on my Ipod to try at the comp, hopefully one of them will work out.

I drive over that bridge twice a day, 5-6 days a week and been doing it for almost 20 years now. It dosnt phase me at all. The only time I got scared was driving a 16" box truck over it and a strong gust hit me and sent me half way into the next lane. Seriously scared the crap out of me.

Outside now working on a MDF baffle to cover the old speaker holes and stiffen the rear deck some. I want to hit a 145+ at this show :D

Archived