Electrical Questions

1st. the hoopty. 87 Chevy Celebrity 2.5 liter fuel injected motor.

Rack018.jpg

Rack019.jpg

Rack020.jpg

Rack021.jpg

Rack022.jpg

Bumpin the Original am radio

:01nocomment8so:

2. What is a Capcell and how does it differ from a battery(additional one that is) and a a Cap?

3. 1/0 and 0 guage the same?

4. how big of an alternator upgrade will i need to run 3 amps with a a total fuse rating of 170(2 class ab amps and 1 class D)?

1st. the hoopty. 87 Chevy Celebrity 2.5 liter fuel injected motor.

Rack018.jpg

Rack019.jpg

Rack020.jpg

Rack021.jpg

Rack022.jpg

Bumpin the Original am radio

:01nocomment8so:

2. What is a Capcell and how does it differ from a battery(additional one that is) and a a Cap?

3. 1/0 and 0 guage the same?

4. how big of an alternator upgrade will i need to run 3 amps with a a total fuse rating of 170(2 class ab amps and 1 class D)?

Cant answer 2, 3 I think it depends on the company, but pretty sure yes.

and 4, right now I'm at 150a draw from 1 class AB and a class d and having like .3-.8 volt drop with a stock alt and batt so I think depends on the car. Any idea what alt you have? part #?

Too many projects, too little time...

1/0, 0 Gauge, Aught, One Aught are all the same stuff, but different companies actual wire size vary.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

1/0, 0 Gauge, Aught, One Aught are all the same stuff, but different companies actual wire size vary.

AWG wtf is aught... anyways..... alt upgrade wont be that hard on your car you should hit up DC power engineering their phone number is 1 888 441 0144. they could quote you a price

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

AWG wtf is aught... anyways..... alt upgrade wont be that hard on your car you should hit up DC power engineering their phone number is 1 888 441 0144. they could quote you a price

AWG is colloquially referred to as gauge and the zeros in large wire sizes are referred to as aught (pronounced /ɔːt/). Wire sized 1 AWG is referred to as "one gauge"; similarly, smaller diameters are pronounced "x gauge", where x is the positive integer AWG number. Larger wire (#0 and up) is referred to as "one aught", "two aught" etc, depending on how many zeros are in the AWG rating

That is how it is pronounced, you dont say I have some One Zero Gauge wire, You way you have some One Aught(1/0), if you have some 4/0 you say I have some Four Aught.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_wire_gauge

Under Pronunciation,

Good Day Sir.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived