Second Skin Audio

Help me decide on an enclosure design

21 members have voted

1. 1. What enclosure do you think I should build?

• 4 cubes to 33-35Hz
    • 5 cubes to 33-35Hz
    • other (explain below)
    • 4 cubes sealed
    • 3.6 cubes to 33-35Hz

if you have room id see about the 4th order they sound great on music and get great lows to along

Once I got a plan finalized it was basically the size of my entire trunk and I had no idea how to build it in there, since there's a package tray in the way of half of it and I can't slide it in from the front without cutting stuff out which I don't wanna do...yet.

Too many projects, too little time...

Once I got a plan finalized it was basically the size of my entire trunk and I had no idea how to build it in there, since there's a package tray in the way of half of it and I can't slide it in from the front without cutting stuff out which I don't wanna do...yet.

how many cube did it turn out to be

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

how many cube did it turn out to be

IIRC it was 4 cubes sealed and 3 ported with 100sq in of port.

Still haven't made any cuts yet. I can cut down on the port area, I just thought that anything smaller than 5 wide could result in turbulence, IDR where I read that but I thought I saw it somewhere.

IIRC it was 4 cubes sealed and 3 ported with 100sq in of port.

Still haven't made any cuts yet. I can cut down on the port area, I just thought that anything smaller than 5 wide could result in turbulence, IDR where I read that but I thought I saw it somewhere.

from what ive heard you dont really get it in less you run ashit tone of power and all on a lil port you shouldnt have to worrie about that ive built many boxes with ports that are only like 2in ports and i get nothing

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

from what ive heard you dont really get it in less you run ashit tone of power and all on a lil port you shouldnt have to worrie about that ive built many boxes with ports that are only like 2in ports and i get nothing

alrighty. Well hopefully I will get this box cut out sometime soon. If it starts getting cold I may try and talk my school's shop teacher into making the cuts for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Still playing with stuff for a design, was thinking about tuning a lil higher, say like 35-8Hz, but wasn't sure what to do with the port. It wouldn't be long enough to require a bend but would be long enough that I don't think I could not bend it, if that makes any sense.

I.E. a 35Hz tuning would use an 18" port, how should I place that in a 20" deep enclosure?

15" would give me 36.47Hz, would that be easier?

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone had any other enclosure ideas I could try since I'm building. I saw something about a tapered horn on youtube that was said to be very loud on little power, but I would be willing to try almost any of those less-used enclosure ideas. What do YOU want to see used?