I think this would be the right place to post this. OK so this isn't going to happen soon, but I've been putting a lot of thought into doing this(been in my head for at least 8 months and can't get it out of my head). I have read up on people dropping the Jeep 2.8 turbo diesel into Rubicons and Cherokee's. I've checked out some used 2.8 engine's online and there in the ball park of 3-4k dollars. I know this would be hard, and yes I know my way around a car and am currently in school for this stuff(diesel's and auto). I'm sure between my dad and I we could figure getting this engine into my jeep(99 Grand Cherokee). My problem comes to these veggi oil conversion kits after reading about them I have found a few different company's that offer the conversion and some are specifically for this engine. My question is why are they so expensive? Looking at the content and reading how they work I would think I could buy the parts separately and make the kit myself. Does this sound possible to make the kit myself or not? The kits are anywhere from 1400-2300.

Any input will be nice weather its positive or negative.

I have not done this personally but a friend of mine runs his off of Veggi oil and anything else you can think of. He also runs regular diesel also so not sure how he has it all wired up. Also running on propane injection.....IF you can think of it then he runs it off his truck. It's an older dodge cummins, around an 89ish.

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

No. The process needed to change veggie oil into a usable diesel fuel is very expensive (and dangerous). Putting those kits together is the same way. Those kits to make your own have to be priced accordingly. They're usually price "manu. cost + 1.2(manu. cost)". That sound high, but it's not cause there's usually only 1 middle man.

Not to mention, compatibility issues could arise from throwing your own kit together.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

No. The process needed to change veggie oil into a usable diesel fuel is very expensive (and dangerous). Putting those kits together is the same way. Those kits to make your own have to be priced accordingly. They're usually price "manu. cost + 1.2(manu. cost)". That sound high, but it's not cause there's usually only 1 middle man.

Not to mention, compatibility issues could arise from throwing your own kit together.

Well from what I've read all you have to do is filter it. I'm not saying run it completely off oil. I live in Michigan and I would need to use the diesel until it warmed the oil up but from what I've read is all you do is filter and put it in it's separate tank. And have a switch to changes which tank the jeep would run off of.