DC Sound Lab

mikes youtube vid

Mike I got a couple questions for ya.

1. where exactly do they place the mic on drivers side? Closer to the door or center console.

2. Which side is your port on. To me it looked like passenger side but you couldnt really tell from vid.

I was bored and was playing around with the meter. Put mic in drivers kick, passenger door open, 154.6. This is with port on drivers side. I opened the trunk but saw no gain. Yes this is with my taped up woofas. lol

The mic was placed closer to the door and the port is on passenger side now if I wanted to be louder I would have theport onthe drivers side mic in the passenger side and I would shrink the net volume of the box to 4 cubes I also would tune to 65 hertz and burp at 78 hertz which is my 3/4 wave however originally though I just wanted a loud daily driver which is why I'm tuned to 40 hertzandthe port is on the passenger side also I had access to 4 powerbass 5000s but onlychose to. Run 2 because everybody was 2 chicken to run in my class however if db drag starts coming around I will be extremely happy so I can have some competition and will actually have a reason to bring the civic out the caddy however will stay like it is.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

I have a feeling that 43 to 45 is what the box likes and not the car also just google it most use 1/4 wave theory however fortrunk cars itsmore practical to use 1/2 or 3/4 wave currently I use 1/2 wave in the caddy because its a lower frequency however 1/4 wave is to low it ends up around 26 hertz.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Yeah the resonant frequency of the caddy is in the 40s however I do not use the resonant freq because I use a 1/2 wave also how did you find the res freq of yours because the sealed box trick is not always accurate.

Edited by oldschool

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg