Cali Contractors License- where to start?

Sure this would be a question for Bill, but haven't seen him lately....

I'am thinking about getting a C-10 General electrical license and insurance for appliance repair/install.

I have been doing it for a few years, and I love it. I have a buddy I work with who wants to get something started, and I found some info on the Lic, but wanted to know more about the bond issue, $12,500 bond? etc etc

where to start. My eyes are hurting from all the reading, I need glasses, and just wondering if anyone can give me the lay-men terms of what I have been reading/missing etc

http://www.cslb.ca.gov/Resources/FormsAndA...e7065Waiver.pdf

scrolled down further, and read its $400 for the license

Anyone else have there own, and how long did it take, what fees are being paid, etc

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Well, I found out its better, and cheaper to start off with just a business License, and insured, as a handy man.

I got a friend down the street who is a handyman, and makes a great living off of it.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

thats how I started out......but you are limited to where you work, cant work for more than $500 materials and labor....and I dont think you can do much electrical. I only worked for people I trusted. watch out for those bids with people you dont know. will get a free ride to jail for bidding illegaly. I would actually recommend not wasting the money on a business license, as you can work without a license for $500 or less anyways. all the business license does is cost you annually. Its only benifit was that I could add a license number to my advertising, but then too many people were misguided thinking it was a contractors license and would say I was lying. they would type my BUSINESS license number into the cslb website, and because it WAS NOT a contractor license it would come up wrong.....drama, and bullshit for $150 a year and a way to monitor your income....or at least try to. lol

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!