Looking for a New Headunit - Help me Im picky :)

Ok guys I need a deck

I have this - PIONEER DEH-P5800MP

2.2 Pre out volts

I wanted a better deck, from my understanding if I can get more pre out volts my system will be louder.

Post whats out there thats good or any feedback, or should I keep mine,

I have had 4 other decks but there didnt compare to the sound that i get from this,

idk i like eclipse, pioneer and such,..

-Digital Speedread2: The DEH-P5800MP is equipped with Pioneer's Digital Speedread2 CD mechanism, which provides fast performance, especially for reading and playing discs with MP3/WMA/WAV files. It also shortens the audio gap between files during random playback.

MP3/WMA/WAV Playback: This unit can play MP3/WMA/WAV files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats. MP3 files with a bit rate from 8-320 kbps, WMA files with a constant bit rate from 48-320 kbps, and WMA files with a variable bit rate from 48-384 kbps are supported. The unit is compatible with ID3 Tags and will display artist, folder, file, and album name, plus comments. Up to 8 directories, 99 folders and 999 files per disc are recognized by this unit.

EEQ (Easy EQ): The DEH-P5800MP is equipped with a 3-band parametric EQ with 6 preset EQ settings. You can boost or cut each frequency band by +/- 12dB at 2dB intervals. Features of the Easy EQ include:

* Selectable Center Frequencies:

o Low: 40, 80, 100, or 160 Hz

o Mid: 200, 500, 1k, or 2k Hz

o High: 3.15k, 8k, 10k or 12.5k Hz

* Preset EEQ Settings: Powerful, Super Bass, Vocal, Natural, Custom, and EQ Flat

* Selectable Q Factors: 2 Narrow, 1 Narrow, 1 Wide, and 2 Wide

EQ-EX: The EQ-EX function accentuates the effects of each preset equalizer curve. When the Custom curve is selected and EQ-EX is on, you can set separate bass and treble levels (+6 to -6) for each source. You can also select the bass and treble center frequencies: 40, 63, 100, 160Hz and 2.5k, 4k, 6.3k, 10kHz.

Selectable Loudness Levels: Loudness compensates for deficiencies in the low and high frequencies at low volumes. You can choose from three levels of loudness:

* Low: +3.5dB (100Hz), +3dB (10kHz)

* Mid: +10dB (100Hz), +6.5dB (10kHz)

* High: +11dB (100Hz), +11dB (10kHz)

Subwoofer/Non-Fading Output: The unit has a pair of dedicated non-fading RCA subwoofer outputs. This output can be turned on or off, and set to one of two modes:

* Subwoofer: When set to Subwoofer, this output has a selectable 18dB/octave low-pass filter with a selectable cutoff frequency (50, 80, or 125Hz), phase adjustment (normal/reverse), and output level (+6 to -6).

* Non-Fading Output: When set to Full Range, this non-fading output has an adjustable level (+6 to -6).

Switchable Rear Channel/Subwoofer Output: The rear pair of preamp outputs are located on a 6" pigtail, and can be set to "Rear" for full range output with full fading capability, or a non-fading "Subwoofer" output. When the rear preamp outputs are set to "Subwoofer", the rear speaker outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer. This enables you to connect the rear speaker leads directly to a small subwoofer without an external amplifier, either to dual 4-ohm voice coil sub, or bridged into a single voice coil, 4-ohm sub. The bridged output is 70 watts max.

High Pass Filter: If you do not want low frequency sounds to play from the front or rear speaker outputs, you can turn on the 12dB/octave High Pass Filter. The HPF has a selectable cutoff frequency (50, 80, or 125 Hz). Only frequencies higher than those in the selected range are output through the speakers.

Compression and BMX Functions: Using the "COMP" (compression) and "BMX" (Bit Media eXpander) functions, you can adjust the playback quality of the CD player. Each function may be set to one of two levels or off. The "COMP" function compresses the audio signal to eliminate distortion caused by the imbalances between the loudest and softest sounds when played at high volumes. The "BMX" function controls sound reverberations to give playback a fuller sound.

Rough Search: You can switch the search method between fast forward/reverse and "Rough" in which the unit searches every 10 tracks. If there are less than 10 tracks on the disc, the unit will jump to the last track.

AGC (Automatic Gain Control): The CD mechanism has a built-in Automatic Gain Control, which adjusts 7 different settings each time a CD is inserted to prevent the disc from skipping.

Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4dB to +4dB.

Disc Naming: You can use the disc title input feature to store up to 48 CD titles in the unit's memory. Each title can be up to 10 characters long.

144+ DB'S OUT OF A CONVERTIBLE

12" Funky Pup Subwoofer (The worlds most powerful subwoofer)

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Rockford Fosgate - Rear Speakers

KnuKonceptz - 0 Gauge Wire

KnuKonceptz SS Karma - 10 Gauge Sub Wire

KnuKonceptz - Krystal Kable Rca

Big 3 - Upgrade - 0 Gauge

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

I love that I can tune this well also. lots of settings, I like that in a deck to

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

Get an older Eclipse from the 5000 series. Like a 8445 , 8455, 8052, 5442 ect...

# ESN E8 High-Power "Customize" CD/MS Receiver with MP3/WMA playback and Remote

# CD/CD-R/RW, MP3, WMA playback

# MOSFET 50 watts x 4 channel power output

# High 8 volt preamp outputs

# Wireless remote included

# 3 pairs of preamp outputs (front, rear, and sub)

# Circle Surround II Sound

# E-iSERV connectivity

# Area Shot (basic map, arrow and text)

# 5-pattern various color illumination

# Motion picture display

# SIRIUS Satellite Radio Ready (tuner, antenna and subscription required and not included)

# Advanced 2-mode Sound Control DSP:

* 7-band Parametric EQ (advanced mode on)

* Speaker Time Alignment (to make the sound always sound centered to your position)

* Crossover

* Listening Position Selector

# Multi-Harmonizer

# Source Volume Control

# Memory-stick ready for other MP3/WMA playback option

# Advanced 24-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter

# HD radio-ready (tuner required)

# GPS unit-ready (GPS add-on required)

# FM/AM Tuner

# 8-step full dot VF display

# MS/CD ESN security

# CD Text support

# Aux input

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

wow 8 volts,

so is that what really make a good deck in the end ?

How does 8 over my 2.2 different ?

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

wow 8 volts,

so is that what really make a good deck in the end ?

How does 8 over my 2.2 different ?

Well I have a 8445 and its sexy as hell. You can customize it alot. There is a normal mode for easy use and an advanced mode for more tweeks. Its a bit hard to get used to at first.. But once you figure it out it real easy. Say you want to have the music up but dont want the subs pounding.. with SVC you can turn down just the subs. They're discontinued buy you can find them on ebay alot.

oh yeah and there is a few addons you can get for it as well. Like Navigation and a fully controllable ipod interface

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )

* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement

* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable

Well I have a 8445 and its sexy as hell. You can customize it alot. There is a normal mode for easy use and an advanced mode for more tweeks. Its a bit hard to get used to at first.. But once you figure it out it real easy. Say you want to have the music up but dont want the subs pounding.. with SVC you can turn down just the subs. They're discontinued buy you can find them on ebay alot.

Well I see that most eclipse decks have a good amount of pre amp volts, but how is this any different then mine,

going from 2.2 - to 5v or ever higher.

what is going to be the difference.

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

Well I see that most eclipse decks have a good amount of pre amp volts, but how is this any different then mine,

going from 2.2 - to 5v or ever higher.

what is going to be the difference.

8volts have higher resolution than lower voltage pre-outs. Which is a cleaner, more detailed signal at the amplifier input stage for a cleaner audio reproduction. Basicly you get a better signal which lets you get louder.

8volts have higher resolution than lower voltage pre-outs. Which is a cleaner, more detailed signal at the amplifier input stage for a cleaner audio reproduction. Basicly you get a better signal which lets you get louder.

Awesome !!!

Well If you would check this model out

and give me your feedback

this looks sick 5v also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...atchlink:top:en

If you find anything else post it to me.

Id want brand new.

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

Yeah thats a good unit. Its not 8 volt but iirc thats the unit style that replaced the ones Im talking about. It has pretty much all the same features except for 8 volt pre-outs. IMHO I would care less if it was brand new.. CD player work just as good even if you buy it for 1/3 the price of a new one.

Archived