Sonic Electronix

i know everyone talks about never having your amp mounted to something that will vibrate (like a box). but i cant really avoid that...

my whole car shakes because of the engine itself. if you have the car idling and you look at the box, you can see it shaking. im starting to worry if something is gonna snap inside of the amp.

is there something i can use to at least minimize the vibration? i was thinking about some rubber bushings on the mounting feet.

Edited by Kranny

i know everyone talks about never having your amp mounted to something that will vibrate (like a box). but i cant really avoid that...

my whole car shakes because of the engine itself. and im starting to worry if something is gonna snap inside of the amp.

is there something i can use to at least minimize the vibration? i was thinking about some rubber bushings on the mounting feet.

put some second skin or w/e brand sound deadener under the amp?

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

put some second skin or w/e brand sound deadener under the amp?

x2, and if you can't afford it, mount the amp to something like the back of a seat or something, and put some rubber spacings in between the feet of it

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

you can go to a place like ace hardware or something.. and get some rubber mounting feet.. and mount the amp on top of that... but you should also have a second layer of mdf under it i mounted mine to 3/4 inches of plexiglass

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

x2, and if you can't afford it, mount the amp to something like the back of a seat or something, and put some rubber spacings in between the feet of it

hmm. is it possible to mount an amp to the back of a foam backed seat?

you can go to a place like ace hardware or something.. and get some rubber mounting feet.. and mount the amp on top of that... but you should also have a second layer of mdf under it i mounted mine to 3/4 inches of plexiglass

get rubber mounting feet or bushings, put that between the amp feet and the box. and put another layer of mdf on the part of the box im going to mount it to...thats what i got from that brandon.

hmm. is it possible to mount an amp to the back of a foam backed seat?

Well all seats are different, I could mount my amp to the back seats in my explorer, I didn't know if you had a little hard piece inside your seats like mine, I just have my amp sitting on the ground and it gets very minimal vibrations, all I have are these rubber spacing things underneath it

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Well all seats are different, I could mount my amp to the back seats in my explorer, I didn't know if you had a little hard piece inside your seats like mine, I just have my amp sitting on the ground and it gets very minimal vibrations, all I have are these rubber spacing things underneath it

my seats are just foam...and metal rods here and there for support, sucks.

only reason i say my car shakes...is because it shakes. i get visible and audible hood flex just from idling to get a picture.

i guess i should have like 12 spacers for the amp, triple stack them or something and screw em down onto the trunk floor

my seats are just foam...and metal rods here and there for support, sucks.

only reason i say my car shakes...is because it shakes. i get visible and audible hood flex just from idling to get a picture.

i guess i should have like 12 spacers for the amp, triple stack them or something and screw em down onto the trunk floor

Holy hell...wow. Well, all I can really say is just to get some rubber spacings and try it out, idk if it'll work if you're car is shaking THAT much just from idling, but..it's worth a shot IMO, because when I bought the spacers they won't that much, I bought like 20 for $10 at home depot IIRC

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz