Sundown Audio

Amp making weird noise with gain knob

white4d96

My MTX amp is making a strange noise near the power/ground block. It responds directly with how the gain knob is turned (if gain is down, noise goes away.) I just switched to 1/0 ground wire and did the big 2 (didnt do chassis to engine yet) in my old amp wire. The ground on the 1/0 was completely coated in solder when I got it. Could this be the source of the problem? Or is it probably a popped fet or something?
Do you have your rca and power running on the same side as your power wire because if you do that is the reason why it makes that noise...

VehicleCurrentlyOwned:2000Malibu

\/MySystem\/

Ken-Wood HeadUnit

Cars interior panels Custom blue Done by ME

Pheonix Power block running both amps

Stinger pro series four gauge wire flex material

RimsBrand:Polo

Interior lighting Blue neon bars under and around dash

Capaciter:Pyle Dryver 1.7 farad digital meter read off new(INSTALLED)

http://blog.sounddomain.com/photos/orion/april_21_07_004_2.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/images/header.jpg

Do you have your rca and power running on the same side as your power wire because if you do that is the reason why it makes that noise...

Errr, RCAs and power will give you hum/whine/popping through your speakers. His actual AMP is humming.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Basically I have no freakin' idea what's going on anymore. I am seriously tempted to just send it to someone that can either A- check the guts for crap I apparently missed, or B- clamp it and prove that I'm a dumbass and it must be putting out proper power. Ugh.

Too many projects, too little time...

Archived