Just bought the wires from scottie yesturday. I have heard different things on wiring but i need to know if i need to add a fuse between my alt and batt when i put the new 1/0 on there. What will happen if i don't? The old wire has one on it but its only a 150amp alt so i think i will be fine. Also is it recomended to leave all the other stock wires on when i do it and just add the new wires or should i take them all off. Thanks for the help!

12 RE audio X series 12's

4 gauge wiring to back batt (soon to be 0 gauge)

0 gauge from batt to amp

kinetik 1800 in back

clarion cx-200 HU

SPL 3000 wired at 2 ohms

8 Re 6.5 full range speakers

Re Xt 800.4 4 channel amplifier

Autopager car alarm

yes you need to and if you dont well lets say call a firetruck and its easier to just add the wire in.

Edited by deeje

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Just bought the wires from scottie yesturday. I have heard different things on wiring but i need to know if i need to add a fuse between my alt and batt when i put the new 1/0 on there. What will happen if i don't? The old wire has one on it but its only a 150amp alt so i think i will be fine. Also is it recomended to leave all the other stock wires on when i do it and just add the new wires or should i take them all off. Thanks for the help!

well man ive heard it both ways put a fuse, and dont put a fuse i pursonally am putting a fuse!

i would also leave the stOck wires!

Vehicle: 2003 Lincoln Navigator

Exterior:Custome Air bags, Chrome Grill, 8000K Hid Low & Fogs, 24in rims,Corsa dB Performance Exhaust

Amplifiers:Kicker Kx2500.1, MA Audio M700XE

Batteries: 1 Kinetic Hc2400 Battery

Electrical: STOCK Charging System! Tsunami 40farad Capacitor,

Enclosure: 8 ft³ tuned to 45Hz Interchangeable Ports(34Hz)

Headunit: STOCK! (DVD,CD,Navigation), AudioControl LC6i, AudioControl Epicenter

Mids/Highs: (4)Sets Of Focal Access Component 690 CA1, 2) Sets Of Infinity Reference Tweeter

Subwoofers: 2) 15 Power Acoustik Mofo

Wire: Multiple Runs Of 1/0 Gauge Streetwire Cable

Video: http://www.youtube.com/2treo15

It is a lot easier to leave the older wires when you run the new wires just so you won't mess anything up when taking the old wires out, will not harm anything leaving them in. When running the wire from battery to alt, it is nice to put a fuse in there for safety reason. Some people fuse the wire, so people don't, I did it as a safety percaution, but it will still work if you do not fuse it.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

dont fuse it! the stock power wire doesn't have a fuse for this reason. ive heard that it can completely demolish your alt when the fuse pops because it has nothing to charge and it freaks out but correct me if im wrong

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

dont fuse it! the stock power wire doesn't have a fuse for this reason. ive heard that it can completely demolish your alt when the fuse pops because it has nothing to charge and it freaks out but correct me if im wrong

If you fuse it, and the fuse pops, the current will stop going through the wire, so how will the alt go crazy? It is still seeing power from the other wire that came stock.

EDIT: I can understand that being a reason for NOT having a fuse on the stock power wire, but I don't see that happening with the EXTRA power wire fused since it still is seeing power from the stock one

Edited by kl0wn

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

There Is no Need for a Fuse!

Why is that? Everyone else says i will have a fire if i don't lol

0 gauge from batt to amp

kinetik 1800 in back

clarion cx-200 HU

SPL 3000 wired at 2 ohms

Autopager car alarm

Why is that? Everyone else says i will have a fire if i don't lol

There just like an Insurance Policy... so if something grounds out they will pop and The power flow will stop...

But if you install everything 150% perfect the 1st time no need for that Insurance...

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S

Not sure how i could mess it up cauise its just alt to batt 1 wire but keep the posts comming! want more opinions.

0 gauge from batt to amp

kinetik 1800 in back

clarion cx-200 HU

SPL 3000 wired at 2 ohms

Autopager car alarm