Taking clipping out of songs

are you talking about me giving misinformation?

I said exactly what you said.

never said once that you are FIXING the clipped signal just making it better which it is because I have tested a raw clipped song like push that nigga by lil jon then did the compressor and it didn't get nearly as hot.

OBVIOUSLY its not going to be as loud but maybe you shouldn't be playing that song or find a better version.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Guest DC Power Kyle

It's not as loud because you don't have as high of a signal going to the amplifier. Clipped is clipped... some artists though.... clip to actually create sound effects like how guitar amps do.....

are you talking about me giving misinformation?

I said exactly what you said.

never said once that you are FIXING the clipped signal just making it better which it is because I have tested a raw clipped song like push that nigga by lil jon then did the compressor and it didn't get nearly as hot.

OBVIOUSLY its not going to be as loud but maybe you shouldn't be playing that song or find a better version.

O/T but push that is clipped?

Too many projects, too little time...

You can never truly fix a "clip" in the song. It can try to calculate how to fix it but it won't sound anything like a proper recorded version of that song (if the artist actually made one)

bingo, because the clip fix is an algorithm

wow, lots of misinformation

1) u cant fix a clip

2) audacity's clip find feature only shows u the area where it exceeds the data range of 30db... IT DOES NOT show u all clipping by any means, and this is why i say dont use it... its misleading

3) push that is not clipped that bad, my version is actually pretty clean from others ive seen

4) and hoe, i know u tried to help but what u suggested is like getting a cap to fix dimming with 5000watt system... its not adressing the problem

5a) the heat caused from clips are what thermally destroys a sub, it takes longer to cool off

5b) clipping exceeding 30db causes heat and can overexcurt ur sub since it is passing the 30db mark... so if u use a -3db sine wave to set ur gains, and play a 30db kick drum clipped, u are at least 3db greater in signal strength than the MAX u were trying to set it at

use windows media player oscilioscope on all the songs u play, if u see flat spots lastly longer than the blink of an eye, look further into it.... this is why its nice to have "sources" for music that care about quality and the problems that arise from using bad quality songs :01nocomment8so:

TeamSundown-sig.jpg