Took apart Dell Inspiron 1545

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and it started making this horrible squeaking noise like something was loose on the bottom right side every time I typed using a key on the right side of the keyboard.So I took it apart in hopes to find the culprit and pretty much "opened up a big can of worms."

I was taking it apart, screw after screw, and a problem arose: This tiny 4 prong harness next to the keyboard harness came unplugged.It is the harness where there is the cable strand goes onto the terminals and then a plastic piece fits tightly on top, holding it in place.

After a while I finally got them both in and back in place and it wasn't long before another problem arose: The keyboard cable came out and the little piece that holds it in place broke on the tabs on the side.After about half an hour I finally got it back into place, however since it does not have the tabs on the piece, it isn't as secure as it was originally.I don't want to risk the laptop getting jumbled around and the connector coming out of place.Any advice?

Purchase a new keyboard from ebay or something.

It isn't broke or anything, I just don't want to risk it coming out or anything.

Put some CA glue on it to hold it in place.

Done.

I was considering that.I'll have to open it back up soon and do just that.

By the way, I tried checking out some pictures on the epicenterdesigns page and it wouldn't let me view the gallery.Bradenton isn't too incredibly far from where I live so I was interested in seeing the kind of work you do.

By the way, I tried checking out some pictures on the epicenterdesigns page and it wouldn't let me view the gallery.Bradenton isn't too incredibly far from where I live so I was interested in seeing the kind of work you do.

I will have to check into that.

Your the 1st to tell me it didn't let you see pics.

Till then, see if this works..... http://www.epicenterdesigns.com/gallery/in...at=2&page=1

I just recently got it back up and running and started uploading all my pics again after the last server I used went outta business and I lost all my pics.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

I will have to check into that.

Your the 1st to tell me it didn't let you see pics.

Till then, see if this works..... http://www.epicenterdesigns.com/gallery/in...at=2&page=1

I just recently got it back up and running and started uploading all my pics again after the last server I used went outta business and I lost all my pics.

Yeah that link worked.Last night when I was trying to view it it said I had to log in.That link worked though.Props to you on the nice, clean work and installs.

Archived