Dan208 Posted November 21, 2009 Report Posted November 21, 2009 I'm asking for some replacement speakers for my 2000 Dodge Dakota door speakers for Christmas (from the in-laws). I'd love to do kicks, but can't at this time. More than likely they will come from Crutchfield and I need to keep them under $100. I'm looking at pretty much all their 6.5" that are under or right around a hundred bucks. The list is Alpine, Boston, Infinity, Kicker, Pioneer and Polk. I have no experience with any of these brands of coaxials. I did have a set of Alpine components YEARS ago and they sounded good, and a buddy of mine replaced his stock Camaro speakers with Alpines and they sounded good. Other than that, I have no idea what any of these are like. I'm far from an audiophile, but I hate distorted music. These will be run off the head unit for the time being. Feedback thread- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/70871-dan208-feedback-thread/page__p__981961__hl__dan208__fromsearch__1entry981961
LoudBimmer Posted November 21, 2009 Report Posted November 21, 2009 i just got alpine type S, and speakers sound pretty damn good, and tweets i havent yet installed. paid $80 for them
Dan208 Posted November 21, 2009 Author Report Posted November 21, 2009 Yeah, my buddy's Alpines sounded sounded pretty good for just running off the head unit. How bout this...2 way vs 3 way? Feedback thread- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/70871-dan208-feedback-thread/page__p__981961__hl__dan208__fromsearch__1entry981961
LoudBimmer Posted November 21, 2009 Report Posted November 21, 2009 2 way, but they come with 2 speakers+2tweets
skittlesRgood Posted November 21, 2009 Report Posted November 21, 2009 i had these a long time ago and i liked them a lot. http://www.woofersetc.com/p2813/TSA1780R--...ay-speakers.htm If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Dan208 Posted November 21, 2009 Author Report Posted November 21, 2009 Ok, another question. Are there any non-mainstream brands out there that have good coaxials? I have had T3 recommended to me (been looking at their stuff for a while). Any others along this line? Feedback thread- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/70871-dan208-feedback-thread/page__p__981961__hl__dan208__fromsearch__1entry981961
CaptainzPlanetz Posted November 21, 2009 Report Posted November 21, 2009 These are a bit more than 100 dollars and are 6" Coaxles but I believe they will sound much cleaner and crisp than others in the same price range. http://www.woofersetc.com/p911/CTX6--Image...lk-Tweeters.htm ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
Nic Posted November 23, 2009 Report Posted November 23, 2009 polks sound good.... Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.