Second Skin Audio

Box Help / Advice....

so my friend tells me this idea, and i became interested and want to know some opinions. if its a good idea i may just go with this over a 4th order bandpass through armrest....

he says

"Alright plan on re-building the box and I may try this. Remember my trunk is extremely sealed off, I have computers and what not all on behind the rear seat and with the panel off it doesn't let much air intot he car. Anyways, I want to face the subs the same way, towards the back and have the port facing up and into the car. It would be built so the port goes directly into the rear deck. How you guys think that will work? "

he has 2 12" BLs and 2 sundown 1500d's BTW.

his car is a caddy el dorado, mine is a 2006 nissan maxima.

it will work alright if you do completely seal that port thru the rear deck. I noticed doing ported subs faceing back with ports firing thru rear deck, cause some cancelation. tried a few different bandpass 4th orders thru rear deck, and seems to be flatter/cleaner sound, with alot less cancelation. what subs, amps are YOU dealing with?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

it will work alright if you do completely seal that port thru the rear deck. I noticed doing ported subs faceing back with ports firing thru rear deck, cause some cancelation. tried a few different bandpass 4th orders thru rear deck, and seems to be flatter/cleaner sound, with alot less cancelation. what subs, amps are YOU dealing with?

well im going to sell my setup in the next week or two (my car was in an accident and havent had it since apr. 15)

im going to get an RF t40001bd, and 2 12" AQ HD3s.....

looking to do a 4th order BP through the armrest....dims of that should be roughly 12x8, and if i removed cushion entirely i think it was like 16 x 8"; so port shouldnt be an issue.

i know i need electrical upgrades and im gettin an EA alt + another kinetik.

oh yea my car is an 06 nissan maxima.

doing a BP to stop trunk rattle, right now with my 2 12" mags, my trunk rattles tremendously, im talking you can hear it 200+ ft away with 3 layers of raamat already applied :(

and he wants to know how it causes cancellation??

my friend, has 2 12" BL's and 2 sundowns strapped @ 1ohm in a caddy el dorado, his seats dont fold so he wanted to do this.

Archived