Sonic Electronix

Questions about big 3 and adding a cap

i agree with marlo... maxxsonics has a great how to vid on youtube on how to do the big 3.... upgrade your bat under the hood and then add a second batt to the back... after that then if you still wanted a cap would it be worth it remotely.... if you have no electrical issues caps are great but if your having problems they dont do shit...

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

Thanks guys. I guess I'm just afraid to do it in my own. I'm not very handy and I've had bad experiences in the past with wires/electrical. Plus I have absolutely no tools. lol

I PM'd Red Navi to email me the picture of the big 3 on a Civic and I'll take a look at it and if I feel comfortable maybe I'll take a stab at it. I can borrow tools from my buddy or even my father-in-law.

I didn't think I was pushing enough wattage to need a 2nd battery? So what exactly are caps good for? Anything?

Thanks guys. I guess I'm just afraid to do it in my own. I'm not very handy and I've had bad experiences in the past with wires/electrical. Plus I have absolutely no tools. lol

I PM'd Red Navi to email me the picture of the big 3 on a Civic and I'll take a look at it and if I feel comfortable maybe I'll take a stab at it. I can borrow tools from my buddy or even my father-in-law.

I didn't think I was pushing enough wattage to need a 2nd battery? So what exactly are caps good for? Anything?

If they have voltmeter's on them, they're good for measuring voltage. Other then that, they're only good if you need to get rid of large sums of money before the police find you. :ph34r:

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

If they have voltmeter's on them, they're good for measuring voltage. Other then that, they're only good if you need to get rid of large sums of money before the police find you. :ph34r:

no if you have no electrical issues caps are really good stiffening up your power at peaks... but if your not set up properly they dont do anything beneficial

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

If your buddy does all your installs, then he should be experienced enough to do a basic big "3". Its very simple to do. Use the search button on this site and it explains in high detail on how to do it. Its a piece of cake!! That will help ALOT on on your dimming and you will waste your time on caps!! IMO!

Hell, I can do it. And I don't really know what I'm doing :P

I'll have to get around to doing it myself, since I just noticed today my headlights dim too. But I've only had my system for two weeks.

From what I heard doing the Big 3 helps A LOT.

RE SE 12" subs (2) in prefab dual ported box (custom box coming soon)

Hifonics bxi610 mono 600 watt amp

Stock HU

Mach RCU

Apline 5 x 7 S Type Speakers (2) (1 blown)

Stock rear speakers (2)

Pyramid Tweeters (2)

• 3 weeks later...

hey regal, I also have a 2003 honda civic, glad to see someone else made the mistake of buying one haha j/k the stock alternator is about 70 amps if lucky i've heard theres some sort of ELD (electronic load sesning) or something like that. if you are still running the stock small honda battery go get a big one they will fit... i'll try and upload the pics of mine. I have 800 watts rms (j/l 500/1 and 300/4) with only the big battery I can still get the lights to dim I have the big three done with the exception of the alternator which will be done shortly after this message is completed. I have a marine rv deep cycle in the front and will be installing an AGM battery in the trunk with a 200 amp relay so that the batt's arn't connected less the car's running, i'll let you know if I can dim the light's after that, but i'm guessing no. I do have a cap with a digi volt gauge, I'll be removing it to see if there's any noticable differance. I'll also get tracking down a sc 144 GM alternator 120-145 amp alternator and hopefully get my buddy bill to weld up some sort of a bracket to get dual alternator's. OH and big three is extremely easy!! just DO IT!! it really isn't rocket science!!

battery in 2003 honda civic

So I'm finally going to get the big 3 done. Sucks it's taken this long but at least it's getting done right?

Now on to my next question. How much power can I have before I need to add a 2nd battery? With the 2 amps in my sig, I'm a little over 1k right now.

It really depends, I am running about 1800rms of bass and 700rms of mids and highs, and I have the Big 3 done, as well as a pretty big battery upfront in my Grand Am, and I drop to around the high 11's playing full tilt for a while at night. Before with out the Big 3 and front battery upgrade upfront with my old set up I would drop the same but that was when I was only running a 600rms sub amp. So as you can see I have increased the power by close to 2000 and have stayed around the same voltage drop, by doing the Big 3 and Upgrade the front battery.

So to put it simply if you do the big 3 and put a good sized battery upfront I dont think you will have any problems running 1000rms using the stock alt.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.