Bass Race Build Help

I have basically 80+ cubes to work with. So i was planning on doing a wall of 4 18s. 36-40 cubic feet

The amp will be a T4000 or if it comes out jan/feb it will be a saz-4500. Electrical will be there to support the power.

What im having trouble thinking about is whether to get the BL series or Q series. (it helps alot that now FI will have a black friday sale)

I know the BL's are more efficient, but will the lack of X-max mean quieter lows than the Q series??

I'm looking to build a loud demo vechicle that destorys the lows. Both BL and Q "should" easily both do 150+ in my setup (which i want to enter into the 150+ dB club) but, what would be louder 35hz and down. I play ALOT of slowed stuff (from decaf songs) so alot of the songs are 30-38hz range

Any help is appricated

Thanks, Josh

With the right box, that little bit of excursion you're worried about won't make a bit of difference to the lows. Especially if the BL is indeed more efficient in your application.

They're 18s, man, you would have to screw the box up pretty bad for them not to murder the lows.

36-40 cubes is alot. there should be no reason if built right that with that power that you couldnt get a high 40 to low 50 system with less box(about 20-30 cubes ) unless you are goin to do a BP. then it can be bigger

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

well nothing is set in stone as of yet. My buddies have bought a btl 18 and ssd 10 and I've built their boxes and was very impressed with the quality. The BTL was in 5.5 cubes and I KNOW if it would have been bigger the lows would have been better, even though it did do 147's.

I was goin to put the Q's in a smaller box than the BLs being that the BL will have a greater power handling.

I know i'm going to use FI as i have been impressed by their product, now i just want to know what would be better for my application.

Its going in a reg cab truck with a camper shell and will be walled off. So 150 should be relativly easy number to obtain. But im worried about being loud 35 hz and down----basically i want the system to be very flat response

Edited by rawlins87