Batteries

Alright, yes im new to this website (noob), but i got out of installing car audio about 2 years ago and starting back up again. My Question in need of help is how do i know when to add batteries to my system and how do i keep them charged. Do i just wire them up parallel to the battery under the hood and just upgrade the alternator? Or ive been told to add a battery isolator of some sort??? Any advise would be great.

iamGcast

Alright, yes im new to this website (noob), but i got out of installing car audio about 2 years ago and starting back up again. My Question in need of help is how do i know when to add batteries to my system and how do i keep them charged. Do i just wire them up parallel to the battery under the hood and just upgrade the alternator? Or ive been told to add a battery isolator of some sort??? Any advise would be great.

Adding or replacing the batteries is one of the first things the top installers do when starting a build. This ensures them that they are buidling a solid foundation for the rest of the system. Replacing an OEM type battery with a good quality AGM battery can increase instantaneous dicharge rates by nearly double in some cases. If it is not available to replace the OEM battery, we usually recommend adding supplemental battery power at the 500-600W range. Having a small reserve of power near the amplifiers will reduce voltage loss and will increase the performance of the system. For your average daily drive system, we do not recommend isolating your from battery from the rear. Hope this helps!

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

Archived