please help driver problems

so here goes someone please correct me if im wrong or im just a fuckin idiot

i installed a new windows xp onto my desktop its a dell optiplex gx620 i just recently in the last 3 days tried to download all the drivers that the dell website said should be installed using my service tag heres the problem my roomie installed a few other drivers that didnt belong so for instance when i try to play a game like halo for pc it will either say runDXDIAG ???????? is that direct x and how the hell do i get it lol if it does go through to the menu screen on the game it just freezes up and i have to turn my comp off manually also if this helps when the game is opening my toolbar on the bottom of the screen looks all weird and pix elated

must be nice huh

yeah so its a no go sorry not workin i tried to run the diag and it says there are no problems yet i tried the game and once agian it froze and now all the images on the comp are pixalated

must be nice huh

you think it was working fine before the new install and now like when i go to watch a video and such the colors are all bright and wrong almost as if im watching through a thermal imaging camera except more defined so my best bet would be to go and get a new vid card huh

must be nice huh

you think it was working fine before the new install and now like when i go to watch a video and such the colors are all bright and wrong almost as if im watching through a thermal imaging camera except more defined so my best bet would be to go and get a new vid card huh

best bet i would say is definatly do the direct x update and dont forget to update the graphics card drivers. you most likley on default windows drivers .

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

i did indeed i updated bothe direct x and the vid card driver at least from the dells web site and what it said i needed for the vid card i have version 9.0 for the direct x or whatever so ........ i wish i had someone here to see wtf is going on to alot of you its probablt something simple but like i said im a noob to computers are somethings are just better left alone lol

must be nice huh

check your display properties on the control panel and see what your color setting is set to and also your resolution sounds like your in 256k color mode

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz