i would not drive the car. drain ALL of the fluid from the tranny if there is a filter change it. fill it back up. other than that i am not sure. when i got my first car that was a 5 speed i used ATF and blew the tranny. i ended up having to junk the car. its was a 84 rx-7

----reference's----

meade916

i would not drive the car. drain ALL of the fluid from the tranny if there is a filter change it. fill it back up. other than that i am not sure. when i got my first car that was a 5 speed i used ATF and blew the tranny. i ended up having to junk the car. its was a 84 rx-7

wtf are you talking about.... the ATF is in the slave cylinder line... not inside the transmission.... he's not talking about using atf in the trans... he accidently put atf in the dot3 clutch resivlor...

and most manual transmissions DO utilize ATF for fluid.. but that's not what he's talking about

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

wtf are you talking about.... the ATF is in the slave cylinder line... not inside the transmission.... he's not talking about using atf in the trans... his friend accidently put atf in the dot3 clutch resivlor...

and most manual transmissions DO utilize ATF for fluid.. but that's not what he's talking about

Fixed.

And yes, it's in the clutch system.

Reservoir, Master and Slave cylinder and all connecting hoses.

I've come to the reality that it all needs to be replaced.

14 weeks without a car.

4 of which I was waiting on a transmission to be shipped to me.

And is less than 30 seconds, I have to start it all over again.

Why does the world hate me? LMFAO.

just flush it all out... and it will be fine! the only thing that would probably need to be replaced... if anything is the slave cylinder.. but i doubt it...

when i worked at the dealership people mixed up fluid all the time... never really hurt anything... just gotta clean it up and fill it with the correct fluid...

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

just flush it all out... and it will be fine! the only thing that would probably need to be replaced... if anything is the slave cylinder.. but i doubt it...

when i worked at the dealership people mixed up fluid all the time... never really hurt anything... just gotta clean it up and fill it with the correct fluid...

Doesn't ATF have a nasty habit of eating seals?

I mean, dropping the transmission has become rather easy since I've done it about three times now.

Should I just flush it with DOT3 and run it till it fucks up?

• 5 weeks later...
Doesn't ATF have a nasty habit of eating seals?

I mean, dropping the transmission has become rather easy since I've done it about three times now.

Should I just flush it with DOT3 and run it till it fucks up?

ATF is actually not bad for the system at all, ATF is a detergent and will clean any deposits and junk out of the cylinders and lines. I only see a problem if you leave it in there and try to run the car excessively.

As far as filling the system and then 3 miles around the block and then drain the system and fill with DOT 3 everything should be fine.

ATF is actually not bad for the system at all, ATF is a detergent and will clean any deposits and junk out of the cylinders and lines. I only see a problem if you leave it in there and try to run the car excessively.

As far as filling the system and then 3 miles around the block and then drain the system and fill with DOT 3 everything should be fine.

yust drain the system and flush it with dot 3 and you should have no issues with it at all. when you put the clutch in did you put a new slave cylinder in?

I solved this issue awhile ago.

Just got new master, slave cylinder and clutch lines.

I didn't put a new clutch in, I was replacing the transmission.