Torres Posted November 30, 2009 Report Posted November 30, 2009 it's for as many subs as you want. just gotta make sure the dimensions for the box you put in gives enough airspace for the amount of subs you have. Quote
DylanH Posted November 30, 2009 Author Report Posted November 30, 2009 it's for as many subs as you want. just gotta make sure the dimensions for the box you put in gives enough airspace for the amount of subs you have. So your box calculator is for this type of box Or will it work for this Quote http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL 2002 Chevy Blazer Substage: Shhh, its a secret Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon Amp:MTX 92001 Wire:1/0 Welding cable Electrical:Stock http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you.. Here try this... "Hey hows it going ( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???" Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE) Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
Torres Posted November 30, 2009 Report Posted November 30, 2009 it will work for both. the second picture is still considered a slot port. you just have to know where you want to put the port. and if the port bends, that the height gets divided in half. so in that example, if that first box had its port in the middle, it'd go down from 2.5" in the middle, and split to 1.25" across the back wall Quote
DylanH Posted November 30, 2009 Author Report Posted November 30, 2009 it will work for both. the second picture is still considered a slot port. you just have to know where you want to put the port. and if the port bends, that the height gets divided in half. so in that example, if that first box had its port in the middle, it'd go down from 2.5" in the middle, and split to 1.25" across the back wall Which is better or does it really matter Quote http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL 2002 Chevy Blazer Substage: Shhh, its a secret Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon Amp:MTX 92001 Wire:1/0 Welding cable Electrical:Stock http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you.. Here try this... "Hey hows it going ( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???" Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE) Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
Torres Posted November 30, 2009 Report Posted November 30, 2009 (edited) more so preference, tho it still will vary from install to install. and some will say you could get phasing issues with one sub close to the port, and one sub further away from the port. only time i would see it mattering is if the port is in the middle and is too thin when it splits. then it'd be better to keep it as one solid port the whole way through. but i have heard of very good results with the port in the middle. tho they were in bigger installs with sub up and port back Edited November 30, 2009 by ExpoSport Quote
DylanH Posted November 30, 2009 Author Report Posted November 30, 2009 more so preference. only time i would see it mattering is if the port is in the middle and is too thin when it splits. then it'd be better to keep it as one solid port the whole way through. but i have heard of very good results with the port in the middle. tho they were in bigger installs with sub up and port back would sub up and port back work in a car too?? Because I was thinking about doing that but how would I do the port..just a square port? Quote http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL 2002 Chevy Blazer Substage: Shhh, its a secret Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon Amp:MTX 92001 Wire:1/0 Welding cable Electrical:Stock http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you.. Here try this... "Hey hows it going ( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???" Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE) Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
Torres Posted November 30, 2009 Report Posted November 30, 2009 depends on the car. i'm not toooo familiar with trunk cars. i do believe facing subs in the cabin from the seats sealed from the trunk is one of the loudest ways. andym85 had a pair of 10's like that and it sounded damn good. not to mention practically no rattling. anytime the port shares a side of a box, it's a slot port. the only time you shouldnt check that box is if it has 4 independent sides Quote
ɀƸƸγαђ Posted November 30, 2009 Report Posted November 30, 2009 (edited) more so preference, tho it still will vary from install to install. and some will say you could get phasing issues with one sub close to the port, and one sub further away from the port. only time i would see it mattering is if the port is in the middle and is too thin when it splits. then it'd be better to keep it as one solid port the whole way through. but i have heard of very good results with the port in the middle. tho they were in bigger installs with sub up and port back How would you port this box? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...st&p=868380 tune to 30 hz Edited November 30, 2009 by ɀƸƸγαђ Quote Live Large, Floss Daily Like a sprained ankle, boy I aint nothing to play with
DylanH Posted November 30, 2009 Author Report Posted November 30, 2009 depends on the car. i'm not toooo familiar with trunk cars. i do believe facing subs in the cabin from the seats sealed from the trunk is one of the loudest ways. andym85 had a pair of 10's like that and it sounded damn good. not to mention practically no rattling. anytime the port shares a side of a box, it's a slot port. the only time you shouldnt check that box is if it has 4 independent sides So something like this..is there anything special I need to do in the box..do I need to put a seperator in the middle or just leave it open Quote http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL 2002 Chevy Blazer Substage: Shhh, its a secret Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon Amp:MTX 92001 Wire:1/0 Welding cable Electrical:Stock http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you.. Here try this... "Hey hows it going ( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???" Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE) Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
Torres Posted November 30, 2009 Report Posted November 30, 2009 i'd leave it open. and from the looks of it, that port is too small. unless that's not built to scale Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.