Sonic Electronix

Hey, I got a whole bunch of questions for anyone that can answer them. I am planing on building a new system this summer. Idk wat kind of car yet because i plan on getting a new one. I was wondering if a rumor i heard is true? I heard that hatch backs are the best car for a system build, and they are easiest to make loud. I am wanting to hit 155db. I am wondering what the advantages of a ported system are too. I have always been a fan of sealed enclosure. And could someone please explain hrtz to me. It would b cool for people to tell me what they are running and what numbers they are throwing down. I have been into audio for like 6 months now, ever since i have got my license and its time for me to understand everything. I want to make this my living. Some insight on how to get started would b great from you Meade. Right now i have multible jl systems.

hatchbacks are genreally easy to get loud (crx, panda)

think about what ported is for a second, there is a hole in thebox allowing the pressure from the back of the sub to escape and add to the overall volume of air being displaced to your ears. more pressure = louder

hrtz... otherwise known as hertz is a measure of oscillations per second. 35 hertz means 35 waves per second

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

hatchbacks are genreally easy to get loud (crx, panda)

think about what ported is for a second, there is a hole in thebox allowing the pressure from the back of the sub to escape and add to the overall volume of air being displaced to your ears. more pressure = louder

hrtz... otherwise known as hertz is a measure of oscillations per second. 35 hertz means 35 waves per second

Ok that helps a lil bit. how do you tune for hertz? I noticed you hace a DD 10"? Is that rite? What r you throwing down for numbers?

Archived