Sonic Electronix

On certain frequencies my sub makes a weird popping sound, almost like it's bottoming out, but it's barley moving. Any thoughts on what it is? I pushed down on the cone to see if coil was rubbing, and didn't really seem like it. It was only a quick check though, I also checked coils with a DMM and they read the same as the day I got it.

Well, I guess first chance I get it's coming out and getting looked over. I'm kinda pissed. First "big" system, for me, and it's messing up not even 2 weeks after I get everything up and running. I think I've pretty much taken it easy on it too. Gain about 1/3, no bass boosting at all.

Edited by Playa Named Joe

I would check all your grounds (make sure their sanded to bare metal), swap your RCAs with another, or your grounds on your deck outputs may be loose. Try grounding them at the deck. My subs made a popping noise when I switched songs, grounded the RCA's at the deck, and I never had it again.

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

im pretty sure coil rub dosent make a popping noise. coil rub is where you clip the shit out of the sub and the coil heats up and melts making it deformed

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Were do you get CA glue at? I havn't had anytime yet to take it out and look at it, but I think it may be coil rub, would it rub if the spiders became unglued because it wouldn't be balanced?

anywhere. walmart, oreilly's, lowes, home depot, meijer might have some.

im pretty sure coil rub dosent make a popping noise. coil rub is where you clip the shit out of the sub and the coil heats up and melts making it deformed

it could also be from a misaligned coil