Sonic Electronix

NO i know it takes alot of money im just wanting to get somthing that i wont get sick of..I am expecting to put in a 250A alt., 0 gauge power,0gauge ground, big three under the hood. Im really good at making boxes. So i will be making my own. and the reason people get like 8k in a system is because they buy like 4 15s and 4 18s...I would like to maximize my 1 or 2 subs that i purchase. I'm prolly guna drop about 3k on this system.. at the end.. Like i said i am trying to plan for this summer. Would 4 jl w3 v2 12" hit a good 145-150? Keep the ideas comming! Thanks for all the help guys
Where did he say that? all i saw was 460 seemed a bit much on 1 sub, and i dont see him doing 150+ if hes not droppin more than that on the subs, at least not in a daily set up.

Look at the part in bold.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

just keep in mind, 3k may get blown real quick...and thor does 150 with <4kw clamped, its that huge stetsom that lets him do the 151.6.

and OP, just remember a good alt is usually in the 500$ price range, a battery is about 400, and wiring will likely run another 500 after all the fuses/solder/wire/rca's/distroblocks/terminals/etc. that means you're halfway through your budget before you actually buy any audio equipment, and if you decide to run 2 or more batts, you can blow 2/3 of tthe budget easily.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I plan on putting it in my new car this spring. Idk for sure what kind it will be. I would like a newer impala on some 20"s. And i do plan on spending some money. I am going to build This for comp. So I am not going cheap. I found AQ subs the other day...does anyone have these on here? And Y are w3s a bad set up?

w3's are basically an ok sq sub, a kicker cvr will basically kick their ass any day in the lanes. and AQ is a nasty brand. I saw 2 hdc3 10's break 150 with <5kw. aq would definately be a good way to go, and their amps are damn good as well. 2 of their subs and 2 aq2200's and you should be able to break 150, a few other people have with that equipment already

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC