'05 Neon SRT-4 Build | Orion HCCA

alrighty man just trying to look out for you a lil but looks really good man what you going to cover it with i know you said black vinal for the trim and what not you going to cover the box in it to

The box and trim panel will be in black vinyl...oh SOB. Now that I think about it I forgot to order some when I put my darvex order in the other day. But yeah, box and trim will be in black vinyl, the false floor in the trunk will be carpet so I can put velcro on the bottom of the box to keep it from moving. Amp rack(s) will be in black vinyl also. Still deciding on the amps to power the 6.5" subs, component sets, and the 6x9's. Decisions decisions.

aggballeralex

The Build

IMG_0019.jpg

Good looking start for that box dude, I wanna see some custom motorcycle stuff too!

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

Ok. got LOTS done today.

As I promised, here are a few bike pics. Dad forgot his flash drive at the office with all the nice pics, I'll try and get those up in the next few days. Until then, these will have to do for you guys.

We built this bike from the ground up during the spring to raffle off for the victory junction gang. All proceeds went to the charity. Crappy pic, this bike has so many cool details. When I get the good pics from dad I'll get more up.

IMG_00012.jpg

This is some of moms bike. Custom paint, few other custom details.

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

Hand painted.

IMG_0126.jpg

Dad with one of his bikes. Don't worry, they yellow bike is NOT ours, haha!

dadsbike1.jpg

Another of his bike, don't mind me chowin' down.

eatin.jpg

My bike. 04 R6. Once this build is done the build on it starts. Who wants to see an R6 in Plum Crazy Purple?

IMG_0127.jpg

One of me and the parents, a year or 2 ago.

memomdad.jpg

Alright, now back to my car for now. Here are some engine bay pics. Sorry for the dirty car/engine bay. It's been soo cold and rainy the last month I haven't even tried to clean anything because it's just dirty the next day.(you can see its still wet)

2.4L Turbo

IMG_0118.jpg

Money Shot

IMG_0119.jpg

BOV. Greddy type S

IMG_0120.jpg

Ignore my 4guage ziptied in there. Had to throw in a little beat the other day and I didn't wanna spend too much time.

IMG_0121.jpg

mmmmmm intercooler

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

aggballeralex

The Build

IMG_0019.jpg

Ok now to the build. Today I got to the shop and said hmmmm...and so this happened!

Birch!! Decided to switch it up a bit. Here is the bottom piece with a few pre-drilled holes. Oh, and if anyone asks, YES I will be finishing the box made of MDF. More than likely will be selling it also if anyone is interested.

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Here is a pic with the top just sitting on. Waiting to fasten it down because I am gonna glass it in the next day or 2, depending on how good/bad work is this week.

IMG_0131.jpg

Exact same specs as the other box, done exactly the same.

That's all for now. Expect some Body filler, fiberglass, and sanding work soon! I also have a darvex order coming in on wednesday, so maybe some more will happen then.

aggballeralex

The Build

IMG_0019.jpg

TOUGH CROWD HERE EH?

I started fiberglassing the inside today. If anyone has doubts on doing this, don't. It was super easy as I seen many build threads and watched Steve's videos.

So this is the pic right before i started cussing, as I realized I forgot paintbrushes...and there were NONE in the shop.

IMG_0135.jpg

I glassed all the corners, and resined everything else. I also tried to put some glass around where the dowels meet the back/front of the box and port. I didn't glass the port for some reason, might do that tomorrow or I may just paint it as it doesn't matter.

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Time to cure.

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

I dread tomorrow. Probably gonna do some sanding to make it a bit more "pretty" inside, even though nobody will see it. I'll put some filler on the screw holes. I might even put on the top and glass it on too...and paint the port. I guess it all depends on work.

aggballeralex

The Build

IMG_0019.jpg

Cool build dude and yeah that birch is gonna be a much more difference in weight.reminds me of when i did my first box i went with birch but i should have braced it too oh well build another one,So anypics of the subs and amp?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Nice! Thanks for the engine bay pic. I wanted to see you turbo setup. :P

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

Archived