Which Battery First?

Should under hood be the larger if possible or would a meduim sized or small battery under the hood and same size or larger out back be ok?

i.e

Shuriken BT35 (under hood) 4-Shuriken BT100s out back or

BT80 and 4-BT80 out back or

BT120 and 4 BT60s

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

if i recall correctly, the battery under your hood is the starting battery so you shouldnt need something too big up there, and you should put the powerhouses in the back near the equipment

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Yeah but you see ppl whith big batts up front, and logic would say to much is never enough in car audio lol. Would save a few bucks if the under hood battery doesnt have ot be as big as the batts in the rear.

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

you just want to make sure you have enough cold cranking amps for the vehicle. every vehicle has a "OE CCA" that the vehicle needs to turn over. As long as you have a 12v setup, when you start the vehicle, no matter what battery is where, you should be good. I like the idea of putting the powerhouse batteries in back by the amps, got me some reconfiguring lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

you just want to make sure you have enough cold cranking amps for the vehicle. every vehicle has a "OE CCA" that the vehicle needs to turn over. As long as you have a 12v setup, when you start the vehicle, no matter what battery is where, you should be good. I like the idea of putting the powerhouse batteries in back by the amps, got me some reconfiguring lol

I was just curious on current flow from small to larger or meduim to small or larger or large to small. Glad I could help you do some reconfiguring lol

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

I was just curious on current flow from small to larger or meduim to small or larger or large to small. Glad I could help you do some reconfiguring lol

current flows from more to less, so if you have large in front and small in back, you are gonna draw more towards the rear. Smaller in front and larger in rear, the vehicle is going to draw more from the back batteries. I'd try to keep the same size all the way around, bigger is better :)

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I ran 2 - XS POWER 2400's up front and 7 - XS 3100's in the back. Put what will fit correctly under your hood.

Well that is honestly the plan and ill prolly just do the same size batteries out back but I wanted to know how battery sizes worked with each other

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

Your blazer takes a group 75 under the hood, which from what i remember that isn't much room. The motor draws considerably less than your system will. Like previously said by Andrew, put what fits under the hood and go a bit bigger in back and you'll be good.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor