Mixing speakers in the front stage........

Ive always been told to not mix brands and sizes of subwoofers due to the inconsistencies in the way they produce sounds which causes destructive waves and so on. So how come I see people mixing sizes of speakers in the front stage, such as 5.25" speakers and 6.5" speakers reproducing the same frequency ranges. So why isnt it bad to do this? It seems like this would be the same problem as with subs and would have the same theory behind it.

Im curious because I have 6.5s in the doors of my Sunfire (custom baffles of course) and Im waiting for a set of kick panels with some 6.5s to get here.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

generally you want to keep a consistant model of speaker in your front stage.

some people on here are insane and have the technical know how and processing power too make 2 random brands work together flawlessly, others just didnt care. in most cases two separate brands will give you two different response curves and therefore cancelation/distortion/funky sounds/destroy staging

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

So should I just axe the door speakers and run the kicks by themselves? I would get some door speakers to match the kicks but apparently the ones Im getting are discontinued..............

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

generally you want to keep a consistant model of speaker in your front stage.

some people on here are insane and have the technical know how and processing power too make 2 random brands work together flawlessly, others just didnt care. in most cases two separate brands will give you two different response curves and therefore cancelation/distortion/funky sounds/destroy staging

Oh Wow. Please tell some of these kids on LI this. I am tired of preaching it.

So should I just axe the door speakers and run the kicks by themselves? I would get some door speakers to match the kicks but apparently the ones Im getting are discontinued..............

You can try it. I will be honest even if you put the same speakers in, there will still be phasing problems sense the drivers are going to be in the same spot, so one sound wave is going to be a a couple msec behind the other.

Try it, if you like it, who cares what the math, and physics say

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

I guess Ill just try it out. Im not going for any kind of comp level SQ or anything but I just wanted to prevent my front stage from sounding crappy.

Im still new to setting up a good sounding speaker system. Maybe Ill dig myself up some kind of phase adjustment and play around.

Thanks guys.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.