I Cant Drive In The Snow

this morning at about 6:50am i went to go pick up a friend of mine so we can go to school. she lives about a mile from me with sidestreets so its pretty easy. the roads were plowed but a little slush was left buuuut her cul-de-sac wasnt even plowed. 4" of straight snow with only 1 set of tire marks in it.

i go to pick her up, i turn into the cul-de-sac and i hit the gas a little for fun to spin the tires. nothing dangerous.

shes in the car at this point, i back out of the driveway, cut the wheel to the left, barely hit the gas, "im thinking ok everythings goin good"

(for point of reference when you turn into the cul-de-sac, theres another turn about 100ft after to actually go in there.)

i make that first turn going like 5, my car decides to go straight over the curb and shes laughing and im thinking "...fuck" and laughed. nothing else happened that day thank god.

anyone else have stories from this year?

edit: map of the street, i ran over the curb where the white car was. her house is the one on the bottom with the triangle-ass driveway Map

Edited by Kranny

we finally got SOME snow, just a light dusting. And already my friend totaled his ford explorer lol he slid and hit a guard rail, went into a ditch, and rear ended a parked truck :cray: dumb ass lol

Edited by beatbox

we finally got SOME snow, just a light dusting. And already my friend totaled his ford explorer lol he slid and hit a guard rail, went into a ditch, and rear ended a parked truck :cray: dumb ass lol

4 wheel drive fail? or was he in 2 wheel...dont those cars have a freaking TCS? mine sure doesnt, nor ABS so thats whow i managed to do this.

I use to have a ranger, just a little 3" lift and 31x11x50 Wild Country M/Ts. Last year it snowed pretty bad, we had a good foot or so where I lived. Well I live way off of any main public roads, well I was bored and decided to go out for a ride. Ended up helping tons of people out of ditches, and 1 van back up their driveway cuz they tried to leave (was funny as hell when I first saw it). Well I was on my way home, a few miles from my house, and since I helped so many people out, I was getting a little cocky about driving on the snowy road, and since nobody else was on it, I decided to play around a little and gas it a few times. Well at one point I was only doing about 20 mph on this straight away right beside my house, ended up flooring it a little too long, lost control and went into the ditch :(. Good thing I was still in 2wd! Got out, locked the hubs and went on my marry way :P and didn't damage anything luckily. If we have the same kind of snow this year, I may have to end up going out and getting different tires to throw on the explorer so I can get outta my driveway haha. Usually takes 3 or 4 days for the people to get back to where I live to clear the roads (that is AFTER it is completely done snowing).

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

you need one one of THESE! Problem solved.

12 RE audio X series 12's

4 gauge wiring to back batt (soon to be 0 gauge)

0 gauge from batt to amp

kinetik 1800 in back

clarion cx-200 HU

SPL 3000 wired at 2 ohms

8 Re 6.5 full range speakers

Re Xt 800.4 4 channel amplifier

Autopager car alarm

4 wheel drive fail? or was he in 2 wheel...dont those cars have a freaking TCS? mine sure doesnt, nor ABS so thats whow i managed to do this.

well i dont kno wut the hell he was thinkin, its not the SUV Explorer, its the pick up type...dont kno why its still called Explorer, but yeah this morning he came to work "alittle late" lol im thinking he was going a too fast. i tryed to drift my jimmy but it would bearly do it.

we all work at DiscountTire and my other friend has a Subaru STI with STUDDED tires....that thing wont slide unless u really get on it.

Edited by beatbox