Sonic Electronix

2nd battery install... what do i need to know? UPDATED

Hey guys, sorry but me again, I just got too many questions,,

When im going to install the 2nd battery so my amps have more power is it a costly measure or is it just a measure of buying the 2nd battery and hooking it up proper?.

If someone has like a detailed instruction on how to do it, that would be great,, kinda a noob to this. thanks,

Also I found this, and it looks like the proper way, but better run it by the pros, thanks

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/article.php?id=2

Thanks guys, again

UPDATE

thanks guys for the help, on another matter, i went down to jbhifi (audio shop) and asked him if i needed an capacitor,, now he says i need one, but i made a thread earlier, and everyone said i dont,, so im confused....

ill be running 4000w in my car...

Edited by tobio19

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

7 cubes 32hz slot ported box

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

run power and ground from your battery up front to the one in the back ground the one in the back to a solid point in the body of the vehicle run your amp to the second battery make sure you add a fuse in between the battery's and in between the amp and second battery

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

run power and ground from your battery up front to the one in the back ground the one in the back to a solid point in the body of the vehicle run your amp to the second battery make sure you add a fuse in between the battery's and in between the amp and second battery

thankyou very much!

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

7 cubes 32hz slot ported box

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

You need a fuse at both ends of the positive wire running front-rear.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Honestly I would never use a non-sealed battery inside the cabin. In fact I would never use one again full stop. They suck compared to new sealed technology.

EDIT: Do not follow that freeinfosociety guy's page. He's an idiot and doesn't know what he's talking about. And there's no disclaimers at all on his site that I can see, if you're feeling a bit poor then do what he says, use 12ga and no fuses, then sue him when your car burns to the ground. That guide is totally unsafe.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

the way i have mine set up is i have postive 0 gauge ran from front to back with a fuse between them with the fuse at the front, then i have a ground from the batt in the back to a ground. After that from the 2nd batt to the amp i got positive wire with a fuse in between, and my ground for the amp is hooked to the negative on the 2nd batt. Mine works fine. Try that if everything else is confusing u.

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

Autopage 2 way remote start alarm system

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

1 AQ2200D (soon to be 2).

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

RF 6.5 comp set (soon to come)

1 run of Stinger 1/0 guage (soon to be 3)

All of the above is all gone

Currently own a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

No audio components.