Second Skin Audio

downfire enclosure port

ok guys i know i posted a thread like this a while ago but my truck is gonna be stripped in the back for this install very soon. anyways i will be running a TREO SSp 1000w rms woofer. it will be going in a downfire enclosure that i think i'm going to port (don't know if i will run the port to the floor or out the side) but may seal it...not sure yet. my question is if i do decide to port what should i tune the port to?

the box will be around 1.25 cubes and i'll be running 1000 watts to it - if i get the 10"

the box will be around 1.75 cubes and 1000 watts - if i get the 12"

can you give me any ideas for any of this info for either size of sub as i'm still undecided on which one i'll be getting

if you need anymore info to help me figure this out just ask

anyone?

Dont face it down, that will suffocate the port unless it has like over 6'' from the port opening to the floor. I had a downfire in my silverado for a little while, it was a crappy prefab but I used a hole cutter and put a 2'' pvc port in each side of the box firing out towards the doors and it sounded pretty decent, I had like 8'' on each side between the port and the door though. You will probably get your best results if you fire it foward toward the front seats.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

would that give the port anything to "load" off of though? i see what you're sayin about facin it to the floor...but if i built the box for the sub and use the right port area and all that it it should sound good porting out the side or forward? i just want it to BUMP but still sound good

Yea it wll sound much better to the side or foward because the floor would obstruct your airflow of the port

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts