KnuKonceptz

im nto sure what the question is. OFC is better then CCA no doubt about it. even knu says it on their website

does it make sense to run 2 runs of wire that you just said was hard as hell to work with as compared to one of the good stuff that will probably be flexible?

Its hard to compare apples to oranges but lets just do the math using knu products. lets start with the price

KLMX 4g .89

KLMX 1/0 1.75

FLEX 4g 1.4

FLEX 1/0 3.40

looking at the copper count 2 runs of 4g will be just under the performance of a single run of 1/0. Also we will say the cca wire is comparable to one size smaller OFC (1/0 CCA ~= 2g OFC, 2g CCA would ~= 4g OFC, 4g CCA ~= 8g OFC) Since 2g isnt as popular in car audio its hard to make this comparison but work with me here

so if ur "need" 1/0 then its 3.40 for the flex vs 3.50 for 2 runs of the klmx 1/0 so OFC wins both price performance and flexibility there.

if your using 4g then the flex is 1.40 vs 2 runs of 4g klmx is 1.78 OR a single run of the KLMX 1/0 for 1.75. If you include the cca 1/0 as a curve ball it would be overall a better deal persay performance wise due to the unavailability of OFC 2g in this equation BUT if your looking at these choices you probably dont "need" the 2g OFC/ 1/0 CCA and would run fine on 4g OFC. IMO the flexibility of the flex wire Plus the added fact that 4g is easier to install the 1/0 period i would still say the 4g OFC is the winner. and if you did need the extra performance of the 2g ofc/ 1/0 cca then you can get some old stock rockford fosgate 2g ofc for 1.65 a foot and OFC wins again

so why would you spend more money with the cheaper stuff when you really arent saving money... last i checked bigger ring terminals/ fuseholders were more expensive too so when doing a direct comparison its even more

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Archived