About a month ago i bought a Pierce Audio Products WMD 10" 2007 model subwoofer and ported box tuned to 40hz off pierce audio products forum at www.pierceaudioproducts.com previously i ran 2 mtx 4000's off a Panasonic amp that runs 400wrms bridged. The 2 12" where in a sealed box and i dont remeber the wiring configuration but they werent getting more than 150 watts a piece and they loosened and shook apart my grand prix. The subs themself had shit sound quality but where loud. Now i have a pierce audio running a 2 farad cap and 0 gauge wiring kit the sub is underpowered (rated at 1000wrms) luckily it is used so its loosened up abit and with only 400wrms the sound quality is amazing hits everything crystal clear better than jlw6's i've heard. I ran it thru some 20-30hz sweeps/cycle and boy can this woofer move

over 2 inches of excursion and not even half of full power. so far this is the cleanest largest excursion woofer i have seen/had( i need to get out to some comps and see more woofers but theres alot i wanna try)

i got it for a great price. everyone at pierce audio is very helpful and have no problem helping you out or building a sub for you. I have had a great experience so far and next thing is the amp upgrade than down the line maybe get myself on of those wmd 2's

-BriAn

12" RD Audio Alpha v2 with PAP softparts. 3"ww 8layer al vc

Recoil RED 1000.1

Audiopipe 0 gauge wiring kit

Kinetik hc600

5 Farad Capacitor

2.26cuft slot ported box tuned to 30hz

(bbp6 says its 37hz 12volt says 30hz)

Archived