Sonic Electronix

Im extremely new to this car audio scene but I have a 2002 ford explorer, stock electrical. I have polks in all 4 doors running off the headunit and two 15' Orion XTR3's, extremely old ha. I have them running off the Alpine MP500 and it slams at at only 250rms to each sub at 2ohms but I was thinking about getting the audiopipe AP15001D, good or bad idea with stock electrical and no cap? I get a small amount of dim when the bass hits from the mp500, again Im very new at this so any help would be appreciated.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

Im extremely new to this car audio scene but I have a 2002 ford explorer, stock electrical. I have polks in all 4 doors running off the headunit and two 15' Orion XTR3's, extremely old ha. I have them running off the Alpine MP500 and it slams at at only 250rms to each sub at 2ohms but I was thinking about getting the audiopipe AP15001D, good or bad idea with stock electrical and no cap? I get a small amount of dim when the bass hits from the mp500, again Im very new at this so any help would be appreciated.

Dont buy a cap they dont help at all...period.

First since you have a slight dim off 250rms, I would do the big 3 (Youtube search this, shows you how). Then upgrade your front battery to a beefy front battery. Maybe a Kinetik 1800, or Powermaster, or even Optima. Also 8 AWG will not work with 1500rms, invest in some 1/0 AWG for anything over 1K rms. If not expect a bong fire in your car

Edited by Enellz

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

Dont buy a cap they dont help at all...period.

First since you have a slight dim off 250rms, I would do the big 3 (Youtube search this, shows you how). Then upgrade your front battery to a beefy front battery. Maybe a Kinetik 1800, or Powermaster, or even Optima.

Yeah Ive heard caps are a waste of time, and its 500rms they dim at, 250rms per sub. I had a 10" boston acoustic in there before I threw my old 15s in and It didnt dim at all. The BA ran at 2ohms, 500rms too.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

Yeah Ive heard caps are a waste of time, and its 500rms they dim at, 250rms per sub. I had a 10" boston acoustic in there before I threw my old 15s in and It didnt dim at all. The BA ran at 2ohms, 500rms too.

Subs shouldnt have any effect on the cars electrical. Only the amps current draw, but thats another story. just do the necessary upgrades and youll be fine

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

yea do the big 3 fo sho. that will help it out a lot. and upgrade your wires to 0/1 and you should be good to go.

edit: of course a battery upgrade and alt upgrade would help a lot too but with just upgrading the wires it will help.

Edited by enemyofsilence

Team Bass-Hz

Thanks guys, I plan on doing the big 3 soon and upgrading the wires as soon as the funds come in. Broke at the moment :censored:

Edit: Yeah I know that, ill be needing a new battery soon anyway. I doubt this one will make it through the winter. As soon as I get the money Im going to do a complete overhaul.

Edited by ant the ninja

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

a kit i would recommend would be the knukoncpetz 0/1 kit. its really thick and very flexible.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX-PK0

Wow thats pretty cheap for a 0/1 kit. Definitely bookmarking that and buying it after the holidays, thanks.

Edited by ant the ninja

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB