what in the hell is wrong with some people? a while back, a customer spent a good amount of money on a pioneer navi and full memphis speaker set up, with s-class subs under his seat..... today, he came in complaining about blowing fuses, upon driving his vehicle into our bay, i discovered he was playing a bass song, went through his eq which we set up when he bought the stereo, he had the lows turned wide open, with the bass boost wide open, and the subwoofer level wide open..... and was wonderin why his amp kept fucking up...... WHO THE FUCK TRIES BUMPING BASS SONGS ON SHALLOW SUBS ON A DAILY BASIS???

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

UMMMM people who think ITS NOT LOUD YOU HAVE TO TURN THE BASS BOOST UP TO GET ALL THE AMP POWER.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

customers

rule of thumb is you max the eq, bass boost, volume, and remote knob if available and tune the gain from there. as soon as they roll out theyre going to do it anyway.

the average consumer will never understand how it all works, how it has to be tuned, etc. they just know that it gets louder if they put bassboost all the way up, and they want it loud, so thats what they will do. hence, tuning radios with max volume and bassboost and eq just so when they put it back that way, it may sound like crap with the 24db boost of bass, but atleast the amp and subs can take it.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

customers

rule of thumb is you max the eq, bass boost, volume, and remote knob if available and tune the gain from there. as soon as they roll out theyre going to do it anyway.

the average consumer will never understand how it all works, how it has to be tuned, etc. they just know that it gets louder if they put bassboost all the way up, and they want it loud, so thats what they will do. hence, tuning radios with max volume and bassboost and eq just so when they put it back that way, it may sound like crap with the 24db boost of bass, but atleast the amp and subs can take it.

WERD son.thats how a shop left my friends amp bass boost all the way and the gain it was smelling like burnt glue the whole time he was bumping it i was like WTF

Off topic.RAY you girl is smoking lol.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

alot of shops hand cars to customers with the bass maxed and the gain low. we sometimes have to take pictures of the gain knob and put blacktape over it just to discourage people from messing with it. if someone brings back 3 brand new amps or subs in a week, its usually not 3 defective amps in a row...

but in their words "if the amp couldnt take it the knob wouldnt turn that far", and what the hell do I or the instruction manual know about how to set a gain or bassboost?

and thanks beanz, she is kinda bangin, and im OD happy to be back for winter break and get to see her everyday.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

these are the people.. what i call"cheaters"

they cheat them selves out of a system u cant buy non quility and expect it to do something it was not made to do

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I know what you mean, I listen to kids cars all the time, then i flip threw the eq sub +15 bass +6 treble +6 i try to explain that just cause a knob can go to +6 doesnt mean it needs to be there, but no body listens.

the funny thing is, im a "kid" in the shop.... im only 19..... the particular customer i was ranting about was a grown man, as are about half of the rest of the people that fuck shit up in my town.......

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

these are the people.. what i call"cheaters"

they cheat them selves out of a system u cant buy non quility and expect it to do something it was not made to do

the stereo he bought wasnt "non quality" its just, he he has a 4door truck and wanted shallow subs under the seats (which sounded awesome), but apparently tried to get competition sub bass out of them.....

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)