Second Skin Audio

GOOD BOX SPECS FOR 18'' XL!?

link doesnt work :(

i just clicked and it worked btw, for my 1 solo x 12 i just figured it up and i got 78 inches of port so ur 18 should do just dandy

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

oh it does hit the lows really good i need to make a vid but i would only be able to get flex cause the bass makes the cam sound like shat.

got it up for yah man

2.jpg

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)

oh it does hit the lows really good i need to make a vid but i would only be able to get flex cause the bass makes the cam sound like shat.

got it up for yah man

2.jpg

i appreciate this dude but i still cant see the pic lol... its a little red x not sure why..

02 Chevy Trailblazer

18" DC XL

build in progress...

l_02f0e56b9a6f7e5ceaab56ccb8632161.jpg

minnesota-vikings.jpg

refs: ak1167 (bought tweeters from)

hmm ur cpu is strange lol sorry bout that maybe when u get that prob fixed u can come back and be able to c it.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af197/cubs_fan0718/2.jpg

Thats my buddys box we built for his 1 18 AQ HDC3, and i think that is gonna work fine i can almost get my head in the port

I can see the pic now, on my iPod. Ya that's alot of port. I'm thinkin port back sub up for mine though

02 Chevy Trailblazer

18" DC XL

build in progress...

l_02f0e56b9a6f7e5ceaab56ccb8632161.jpg

minnesota-vikings.jpg

refs: ak1167 (bought tweeters from)

If you need a lower tuning, you will need to make the port incrementally longer. If you can't squeeze the port length you need into the space you have, then you have to go with a smaller port. The 16-18 in2/cf thing is just a guide; use it to get yourself into the ballpark. Feel free to diverge from the formula when you are able to mitigate losses from area reduction.

Keep in mind that your port shape has a lot to do with how well the port resists pressure loss. The box shown above for the HC3 sub has a slot port that is rectangular in shape. The rectangular/slot port shape creates more pressure loss than either square or round ports of the same port area because it has more surface area inside the port.

Do the math:

For a Rectangular Port that is 18" x 4." For our example port, we will make it 10 inches long. That port has 72 square inches of area (a =l x w = 18 x 4 = 72). The perimeter of this port is 44 inches (P = s+s+s+s = 18+4+18+4 = 44). Since the port is 10" long with a perimeter of 44 inches, it has a total of 440 square inches of surface area inside the port.

For a Square Port that is 8.5"(W) x 8.5"(H), we know that the port has 72.25 square inches of port area (8.5 x 8.5 = 72.25). Even with more port area than the Slot Port, the Perimeter of the Square Port at 34 inches, however, is much less than that of the Slot Port (P = 8.5 + 8.5 + 8.5 + 8.5 = 34). The Square Port thus has an internal surface area of 340 square inches; 100 square inches less than the Slot Port.

A Round Port that is 9.6 inches across has an area of 72.35 square inches, more than either the Slot or Square ports above. Nevertheless, it has a Circumference of 30.14 inches (C=2(pie)r = (2)(3.14)(4.8) = 30.14. Thus, at 10 inches in length, our Round Port has 301.4 square inches of surface area inside the port; less than either the Slot or Square ports. Actually, the Round Port may be demonstrated to have 31.5% less surface area than the Slot Port.